The Thumped Members Wishing Each Other Happy Christmas Thread (1 Viewer)

ok, i guess i do like christmas, the run-up is great but it's the post-christmas malaise (setting in at the second people start making their unwrapped presents into piles to put aside) that's shit...and goes on foreverrrrrrrrr

way too much build-up

there's nothing like the Stephens Day drinking buzz in New Ross.

thats another thing. Xmas is a different experience for those who don't come from where they live (and who go home). I always sensed it was more of an occasion for my friends from outside Dublin because it was the one time of the year that everyone was home.

But I live 2 miles from where I was brought up. So I see everyone I want/need to see on a regular basis.

I'd kind of liken it to having an open box of Roses on the kitchen table all year round.

thats another thing. Xmas is a different experience for those who don't come from where they live (and who go home). I always sensed it was more of an occasion for my friends from outside Dublin because it was the one time of the year that everyone was home.

precisely. I live in Newbridge but always go home to my parents in New Ross for Christmas. And see loads of people who are home for the same reason.

Sky have renamed one of their Movie channels 'Sky Christmas'.

they showed all the back to the futures last night.

Theres a night of Die Hards coming soon too - I can feel it.

Maybe its not all bad.

Edit: And the new Indiecater Christmas album is lovely (so far - haven't made it to the last song yet)

the biggest pain about christmas is the free flow pricks at every junction stopping me from cycling through red lights. there's only so many times you can pretend not to see them wave you down.

Trading places is grand. Whiskey and Die Hard 1 and 3 Grand. 2 is piss. Renny Harlin sucks balls and there's way too much slow mo. The film would be half the length if you sped up the slow mo. still not as bad as american history x the slow mo there is unbelievable it's like they had to make up some time to reach the feature film mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back