The talking about Arsenal FC thread (1 Viewer)

Sturridge...

I have to admit to being wrong about him, he's done much better than I thought he would. Perhaps it was a case of him trying too hard to impress when he was getting occasional games on the wing for Chelsea, when he's confident of his place he seems to be much more likely to make the correct decisions.

I have to admit to being wrong about him, he's done much better than I thought he would. Perhaps it was a case of him trying too hard to impress when he was getting occasional games on the wing for Chelsea, when he's confident of his place he seems to be much more likely to make the correct decisions.
The pressure was silly at Chelsea, and it really didn't matter how good he was, Drog was always going to be the main man. So at Liverpool he has the best of both worlds. He's a guaranteed starter but he's also not as main a man as Suarez is.

there's some interview this week with him in which he says it's being played as centre forward by a coach who rates him. simple enough.

I disagree with you there Hector, I think Suarez being out for 10 games helped him, made him the main man for a bit and he loved it.

there's some interview this week with him in which he says it's being played as centre forward by a coach who rates him. simple enough.

I disagree with you there Hector, I think Suarez being out for 10 games helped him, made him the main man for a bit and he loved it.
Yeah, it definitely did, but he's not shouldering the responsibility of being the main man by himself, which must also be helping. He's got Bitey there, being all mad, and Gerrard behind him, being all elder statesman, and he's just gets the head down and plays. If he has a quiet one, it's not a disasters, there's lads to take the slack. Until that goal, he wasn't all that against Brom...didn't need to be. But then, he has that ability too, doesn't he? Any other month that would be goal of the month, hands down. ANd to bring us full cirlce, back on topic and all that, GOTM has to be Wilshere. The Arsenal guy. In the Arsenal thread.

I'm over in London for a couple of days and was wondering does anyone have any idea how easy or difficult it would be to get a ticket outside the Emirates for the match tomorrow?

@arsenal_tickets on twitter will retweet people looking to sell FV spares but this being a pretty high demand game very few are floating around for the weekend, I've seen a couple crop up but that's all.

Normally what I do if I'm looking to go to a game is do a search for messages being sent to that account and get in contact with the seller before it gets retweeted, so try this link Twitter / Search - @arsenal_tickets

All home tickets obviously. And it's a Category A fixture so pricey enough.

@arsenal_tickets on twitter will retweet people looking to sell FV spares but this being a pretty high demand game very few are floating around for the weekend, I've seen a couple crop up but that's all.

Normally what I do if I'm looking to go to a game is do a search for messages being sent to that account and get in contact with the seller before it gets retweeted, so try this link Twitter / Search - @arsenal_tickets

All home tickets obviously. And it's a Category A fixture so pricey enough.

Cheers for the info, I'll have a look, hopefully I get lucky!

Few hairy moments but we certainly deserved that. Arteta was fucking brilliant.

Shame we didn't have any fit wingers, I think we would have closed it out sooner if we'd had that option.
Arteta's best game since he bossed Fiorentina around before doing this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was suprised we started with 3 centrebacks especially when Johnson went off to hospital (??), it was basically inviting arsenal to make runs from midfield and that's what cost the first goal. Up til then it was fairly open but we weren't set up right for chasing that kind of game, Gerrard and Lucas were like a pair of statues when we had the ball and arsenal's pressing meant we couldn't put three passes together. all in all a sobering lesson but perhaps we'd have been better starting with moses in a 4-3-1-2 and playing on the break. oh well.

I watched the new Walking Dead and there they were, Gerrard and Lucas, shuffling around going "nuuuuuh". This game gave me no boners.

That was a terrific win. I've been trying to not get overexcited about the season so far and thought I'd probably wait till after Chelsea and City in December back to back till I said something like this, but it felt like a watershed result.

We're a serious team now, I believe we've got to be talked about as serious title contenders, Dortmund are better than anyone in the PL.

That was a terrific win. I've been trying to not get overexcited about the season so far and thought I'd probably wait till after Chelsea and City in December back to back till I said something like this, but it felt like a watershed result.

We're a serious team now, I believe we've got to be talked about as serious title contenders, Dortmund are better than anyone in the PL.
Dortmund with Gundogun, Piscyk and Hummels are better than anyone in the PL without them they'd be top 4 alright.

I still wouldn't get too excited if I was you, Dortmund were the better side for the first hour.

No diss on pool or saints but this afternoon is a huge opportunity to open up a 7 and 9 point gap on the 2 sides you'd most expect to be fighting for the title in May.

I think I'm more nervous now than if they'd both won. Per and Rociskey out ill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back