The talking about Arsenal FC thread (2 Viewers)

Jack was only subtly questioning why holding citizenship of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland means you are English.

What's this ? A young English football player spouting pig ignorant rubbish in public ? Possibly while smoking ?

The tabloids won't be happy until all football interviews resemble this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Relax, lads. Jack's off the hook. Uncle Woy is now the world's Racist Du Jour, or RDJ as they'll now be referred to. RDJ watch: some kind of space moneky joke. For me the real victim in this is fact. Monkeys were not sent into space, Chimps were and chimps are not monkeys. Apologise for that, you dour cunt.

Was at the match, at the time seeing it live I wasn't sure if Wilshere meant the touch to Giroud. When it went up on the screen as a replay there was a giant collective gasp from pretty much everyone in the ground. Probably the best goal I've ever seen live.

Norwich did well in the middle 30 minutes, 4-1 was maybe a little harsh, but after Ramsey scored their heads dropped and Arsenal started to show off a bit, could have made in 5 or 6 in the last ten minutes.

Was at the match, at the time seeing it live I wasn't sure if Wilshere meant the touch to Giroud. When it went up on the screen as a replay there was a giant collective gasp from pretty much everyone in the ground. Probably the best goal I've ever seen live.

Norwich did well in the middle 30 minutes, 4-1 was maybe a little harsh, but after Ramsey scored their heads dropped and Arsenal started to show off a bit, could have made in 5 or 6 in the last ten minutes.
Just watched it there fucking beautiful. This is the beginning of the big test period for Arsenal. Dortmund during the week then a lot of matches from here until January. Still there when the weather turns ?

This is the beginning of the big test period for Arsenal. Dortmund during the week then a lot of matches from here until January. Still there when the weather turns ?

8 games in usually you'd think you've a decent idea of what shape a team is in, you'd certainly think that after 10 but I'm going to hold off on declaring if I think we can be serious contenders for a bit longer. In the next few weeks we've got Dortmund twice, pool, united, high flying Southampton and Chelsea in the Capital One cup. Do well in those and it really could be on.

Big week in December too, Chelsea and City back to back.

8 games in usually you'd think you've a decent idea of what shape a team is in, you'd certainly think that after 10 but I'm going to hold off on declaring if I think we can be serious contenders for a bit longer. In the next few weeks we've got Dortmund twice, pool, united, high flying Southampton and Chelsea in the Capital One cup. Do well in those and it really could be on.

Big week in December too, Chelsea and City back to back.

And Everton I think around then too. With Arsenal if they're top after 10 it's business as usual though. The soggy pitches and the aversion to route one when every other team adapts in the cold always costs them.

That Arteta, Flamini and Ramsay look really good this season. I know everyone is looking further up the pitch at what's there with envy but Arsenal have always had that. They haven't had such a good set of holding players in a long long time.

That Arteta, Flamini and Ramsay look really good this season. I know everyone is looking further up the pitch at what's there with envy but Arsenal have always had that. They haven't had such a good set of holding players in a long long time.

Flamini went off with a concussion yesterday and immediately Norwich came right back into it, the whole team seemed to lose a little snap in the tackle, Norwich began getting marginally more time on the ball and made good use of it. They looked better than 17th for a good spell of the match. Hope he's not out for too long.

Edit: Never mind winter, last 2 seasons we've been out of the title race by the end of September/early October. If you asked me to call it now I'd still say City.

This was terrific too, I was sure he'd overplayed the chance with all the dummies.

ramsey_norwich.jpg

Flamini went off with a concussion yesterday and immediately Norwich came right back into it, the whole team seemed to lose a little snap in the tackle, Norwich began getting marginally more time on the ball and made good use of it. They looked better than 17th for a good spell of the match. Hope he's not out for too long.

Edit: Never mind winter, last 2 seasons we've been out of the title race by the end of September/early October. If you asked me to call it now I'd still say City.
Yeah he looked fucked alright. concussion is a bollox.

I'd say Ramsay was feeling a bit of the post international fatigue. I watched our match with Hull and some of our lads looked wrecked.

wilsheregol.gif

That really was something else.... and I'm a Spurs man

I'm hoping it'll be an epic encounter but I think Arsenal will edge it, and should expect to create a lot more. Certainly haven't seen much evidence that Liverpool are able to control possession against good teams, and even BR seems not to bang on about controlling the ball any more.

That said, we don't necessarily need to. Cissokho, Johnson, Henderson/Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back