The talking about Arsenal FC thread (2 Viewers)

Poor old Arsene just doesn't get that his pretty football is no use against wily Slurgie's tactics.

I saw no pretty football last night.

Only bright spot was the performance of Szcezezezezezezezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsssssszzzzznzezyzzzzzz.

I should learn how to spell his name if he's going to get a few games for us.

It's a bit early, but that 4-4 might do as much damage to your title challenge as Arshavin's one man show did to Rafa's lot two years ago. By the time you play Man U in April they may have already have sewn it up, but if you're still 4 points behind and not the 2 you should be today then Wenger will know exactly which 45 minutes made the difference. Great entertainment mind you.

why no pix? weird. is it cos the players are so young they need their parents permission?

Everything these days is commercial to fuck....I assume they are worried about peoples pics effecting the pics sales of their own that they sell.
I had free tickets so I just had to go to The Emirates the once...well at least til anymore might turn up on my door. ;)

Great game and this snippet from the BBC website pretty much sums it up for me...

HT snap-shot: "Wonderful entertainment but Barcelona's goal through David Villa is a real body blow for Arsenal after they had shown such a threat themselves. Barcelona dictating too easily in spells."

We're playing well at times and Wilshire has been immense....they are killing us down our left hand side though, clichy needs better support from Nasri....
I really do feel on this performance that if we had've been playing any other team at this stage we would've been up at HT.

RTEs commentary is a mili second ahead of play, wtf like?? I think I complained about this problem b4, I've had to switch to UTV.

i said to my mate when barca put keita on for villa and arsenal put arshavin on for song that arsenal would go on and win it. i was surprised that barca did that because it shifted the balance of both teams across the pitch in arsenal's favour when the game was far from over. take nothing away from arsenal because both their goals were fantastic, but i feel like barca badly miscalculated how much work they still had to do at half time and a few of their lads basically seemed to switch off and let arsenal back into it. good stuff gooners, the nou camp game should be a cracker.

but i feel like barca badly miscalculated how much work they still had to do at half time and a few of their lads basically seemed to switch off and let arsenal back into it. good stuff gooners, the nou camp game should be a cracker.

What Barca did is what we're often crucified in the press for doing. But at the same time that's sort of unfair to the Arsenal side because they kept at it for the whole 90 and it was a brilliant performance from them. Standouts for me were Wilshire, Kosceilny and Whoajack Chesney.

Fuckload of work to still be done, I reckon we'll probably still get turned over in the second leg.

There never been 24 hours like it for Norf London football. Fair balls to Arsenal and fair balls to Spurs.
I only see one team progressing though!

There never been 24 hours like it for Norf London football. Fair balls to Arsenal and fair balls to Spurs.
I only see one team progressing though!

Yeah, Spurs still look more likely than we do to get through, though at least the Stratford fans in Milan singing "are you watching Arsenal" look a bit premature.

the Stratford fans in Milan singing "are you watching Arsenal" look a bit premature.

Only a bit though.

Classic quote in the Guardian comment section:

Barcelona were a massive disappointment. Messi, Xavi, Villa... not one of them tried chinning Pat Rice. Call themselves a European heavyweight? Do me a favour love!

Well done to Arsenal for having the belief to stay in the game after being outplayed at the start like last year. Agree with Ian - Chesney Hawkes, Jack Wilshire (phenomal player!) and Koscielny all had good games. Not many teams would keep their belief but obviosuly last years experience paid off because it followed such a similar pattern, Barca rampant but not making as much of an advantage as they should have, dropping off the pace and Arsenal surging back with belief.

Can they do it a second time? Miguel Delaney was commenting on twitter that 2-1 to the home team is the most exciting scoreline in two-legged Euro knock out games and it provides a very even mixture of results roughly half and half. Can they hope Messi has another off day and misses and sitter and gets a goal disallowed (was that even offside? They never showed the appropriate replay during the game.)

Van Persie's policy of only scoring slick goals really paid off, though sometimes I imagine Arsenal fans would rather he just shot on sight and hope for a rebound/deflection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back