The talking about Arsenal FC thread (2 Viewers)

The sending off was always gonna be the focus, it ruined the game. Even if Van Persie heard the whistle he only kicked the ball a mere second after the ref whistled, hardly a bookable offence. Felt really bad for Arsenal but in fairness they were totally outclassed. They tried to play a very high line and were picked open loads of times. The better team won but the red card ruined the game. Imagine if RVP was in Bendtner's place in the last few minutes???

The sending off was always gonna be the focus, it ruined the game. Even if Van Persie heard the whistle he only kicked the ball a mere second after the ref whistled, hardly a bookable offence. Felt really bad for Arsenal but in fairness they were totally outclassed. They tried to play a very high line and were picked open loads of times. The better team won but the red card ruined the game. Imagine if RVP was in Bendtner's place in the last few minutes???

Yeah, Barca were miles better than we were and that Messi goal, it was one of those once in a lifetime moments of brilliance that you know is going to be on every highlights package that is ever put together for him, like Pele rounding the keeper without touching the ball, Zidane in Glasgow, Bergkamp against Argentina, that sort of thing. And even with Van Persie on the pitch they probably would have come through in the end but that fucking absurd red card gives me the slightest bit of righteous indignation and thoughts of "what if" to hold on to.

Thought AW made an error when he didn't, immediately after the red card, take off the obviously knackered Rosicky and put on Chamakh, he might have been able to hold the ball up a bit when we did get it clear.

Here lads, I don't know what football match you were watching, but in the one I had on, the sending off, whilst ridiculous, would have made fuck all difference to the result, because Barcelona were completely on top of Arsenal for the entire game even before Van Dirtie got sent off, and they would definitely have gone and scored a couple more goals anyway.

Edit: ah fair enough, you seem to have noticed that anyway

Double Edit: Rosicky should never have played that match. He's been shite this season. Arshavin should have been on instead of him. Or maybe even Ballcott.

or, everyone else hands the worst united team in 20 years the league. possibly in the hope that with number 19 in the bag, fergie will finally fuck off.

I read somewhere that this is the last season Wenger is going to persist with his tight pursestrings policy. If he wins nothing this year the cash is gonna come flooding out. It would be interesting to see who he would buy. I suspect Reina could be tempted away from Pool. He needs a couple of tough cunts in midfield as well as some better defenders. You get the sense they're on the cusp of greatness.

I read somewhere that this is the last season Wenger is going to persist with his tight pursestrings policy. If he wins nothing this year the cash is gonna come flooding out. It would be interesting to see who he would buy. I suspect Reina could be tempted away from Pool. He needs a couple of tough cunts in midfield as well as some better defenders. You get the sense they're on the cusp of greatness.

Bob Wilson claimed on Sunday that Wenger had made a "huge" bid for Reina last summer.

As for the team, the only player in the 1st choice 11 that I'd want to trade up for is Clichy, unless we're taking about football manager type transfers I think 1-11 we've a strong side. It's the players behind that lot that let us down when they come in. That being said if we spent 20 mill on someone I'd be comfortable enough seeing one of the first choice lads on the bench.

Depends on what the situation with Cesc is going to be really and if a replacement for him will need to be found, it hasn't really worked for Canales at Real and Pastore at Palermo looks like an amazing footballer.

Haha yeah good point, "I did not see the incident to which you refer"
That Van Persie one against Barcelona, it's all "The referee should not have sent my player off" and no "What the fuck was he doing getting that first yellow card anyway? What an idiot!"

van persie had the angry head on, as souey explained. he kicked that ball out of petulance and frustration. had he not already been on a yellow, he would still have been booked. the didn't hear it defence is a nonsense. everyone else did. barca get 90000 people in every weeks,and players hear the whistle. he was in a strop, it's obvious. letter of the law, ref did the right thing, but a better, more human ref would have had a word and told him to cop on. after all, it's arselona in the champs league, it's a big fucking game. however it just gives arsene a smokescreen to hide behind: the ref put us out, yadda. no, the best team in world put you out. and the argument that bendtner could have nicked it at the end? well, that in part is arsenal's problem. nik was never, ever in a a million years going to control that ball, take a touch, and beat the keeper. falling over like a goon is what he does. was anyone surprised? who could have come off the bench 6-7 years ago? bergkamp might have scored, or that flailing donkey wiltord. freddie lungberg would have scored, that was exactly the kind of chance he used to put away. but now, who's there? neawan.

so it was a shit, but correct, sending off. however, were it not for the shit own goal, it wouldn't have even been a contest.

i want arsenal to win the league, by the way. i can only magine how frustrating it must be for gooners to watch this shit. it wrecks my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back