The talking about Arsenal FC thread (1 Viewer)

Greatest 74 minute performance since JC was nailed to the cross.

Cesc, sets up 4 goals and scores 1, he also ran the game.
If the newspapers don't give him 10/10 I'll never post in the QPR thread again.

From Anon, via text on 81111: "Four assists and one goal from Fabregas, plus countless other stunning passes. One of the best performances you'll ever see. 10 out of 10."

Just saying like.....

Oh Both our subs have scored now....you know it's a good day at the office when Bendtner scores a cracker.

From the 1st minute every Arsenal player has pointed to where he wants the ball....right thru til the last minute, Robinson's had a decent game too, Blackburn after the 1st 5-8 minutes of the 2nd half have just been blown away.

6-2 final score...same as pre Xmas '06 in the same fixture, was 250/1 in the bookies by all accounts.

Oh I left out Cesc also hit the crossbar...

Another snippet from BBC website...

1528: Poor Paul Robinson. He performed terrifically today, but he's now conceded 47 goals in only 16 games against the Gunners.

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|-!bog!bog

That really was fucking sublime today. The type of score that it should have been midweek agaisnt Liege.

Cesc will get all the plaudits and rightfully so but I was really happy to see Rosicknote play so well today, his first league start in forever and that's as good a game I've seen him play for Arsenal since the 2-0 cup win at Anfield.

Ramsey, when he's played, has been really good so far this season. A huge positive because he gives us an option in midfield and it takes the pressure off to bring Wilshire into the match squad following the hype post-Emirates Cup.

Yeah Rosicky is just so composed consistent and self assured on the ball, I am a big fan of his....Ramsey played quite well when he came on, good defence splitting balls.
No point bemoaning our defence, it's the way the team plays,Offensive to fuck!!
When Blackburn got their 2nd we only had 2 men back in our own half and this was half way thru the 1st half!

No point bemoaning our defence, it's the way the team plays,Offensive to fuck!!
When Blackburn got their 2nd we only had 2 men back in our own half and this was half way thru the 1st half!

In a lot of ways I think it's a consequence of how high up the pitch we're pressing when we lose possession, it's always going to run the risk of a break. Perhaps Song should be sitting a little deeper than he has been. He doesn't really offer very much in terms of an attacking option, when he gets it he just moves it on again, he could do the same thing from another 10-15 yards deeper.

Today isn't really the day for post-mortems on tactics. I'm just going to bask in the after glow of a great performance and result.

Greatest 74 minute performance since JC was nailed to the cross.

Cesc, sets up 4 goals and scores 1, he also ran the game.
If the newspapers don't give him 10/10 I'll never post in the QPR thread again.

The Sun ratings, other newspapers are not in yet.
Arsenal

Vito Mannone 6

Bacary Sagna 7
William Gallas 7
Thomas Vermaelen 8
Gael Clichy 7
Cesc Fabregas 10 - Star Man
Alex Song 8
Abou Diaby 8
Tomas Rosicky 8
Robin van Persie 8 - Booked
Andrey Arshavin 8
Subs:
Aaron Ramsey 6 (for Fabregas)
Theo Walcott 8 (for Rosicky)
Nicklas Bendtner 6 (for Arshavin)

Yeah read about Senderos on BBC live vidiprinter....nice quick utube link.
Ta.

/great goal too by Cesc, really strikers goal..
Also you know the Spanish team are small when Cesc appears one of the biggest in the celebrations. :D

Aaron Ramsey scores his 1st international goal for Wales tonight, the last few weeks has been excellent for our players scoring for their country. .|..|

I'm in the same boat as you!
I used to have a fantastic connection but that was a longgggggg time ago.
Gonna be harder too since I've lost my job...
Although Arsenal have just scored against Brum (RVP)as I type so it's not all doom and gloom!

Oh we've scored again even below I finish on the 1st goal! (Diaby)

btw if we score 4 or more today that will be the 1st time we've ever did it in 5 games in a row in the league.

On the subject of tickets, I used one of those dodgy ticket touting websites to get over-priced tickets for a champions league game so that's an option. Expensive but you'll get to see a game. I'll try and find the name of the website if you're interested.

On the subject of today's game, anyone know what happened to Theo? Is it bad?

That RVP goal was brilliant, he makes it look so easy, great control to receive the ball and then so little back lift and the power and precision are amazing.
Howler from our Keeper for their goal....inexperience.
Arshavin missed a simple bread and butter goal but I assume he doesn't like those type of goals as the goal he did get was so nonchantly placed, he makes it look so simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back