The Simpsons (2 Viewers)

futurama can fuck off. apart from the hypnotoad.

tcl-hypnotoad.gif

Futurama is excellent. I'll agree though it is quite 'nerdy' there's the base humour that anyone can enjoy but then there are so many underlying 'geek' jokes that only network analysts are going to laugh at. But still, it's hilarious.

One of my fave moments was when they were on the robot planet and you see the robots trying to build something and all the bricks are tetris shaped and the lines keep disappearing.

As far as the Simpsons, someone asked (but was in a rush so didn't have time to answer) if I was serious about liking the 'later' episodes. While I've always enjoyed the Simpsons from the first season onward, I prefer the episodes where they finally decided what people's voices were actually supposed to be and the drawing is a bit better. I honestly can't remember what years we are talking about. I'll fully agree there are some right dodgy episodes. Like a few weeks ago, I was eager to watch the 400th episode, but when I saw it was quite disappointed in it.

However, the Homer as Ice Cream man episode was hilarious, in my opinion. I also am not bothered that they end up randomly in foreign countries. I mean, it is a cartoon afterall. Some things are just unexplainable.

I do still feel there is the 'us' and 'them' mentality with the Simpsons maybe not nearly as much as it was back about 10 years ago say, but there are still those that 'get' the Simpsons and those that simply never will.

Zapp is where it's at !!!

250px-Zapp_Brannigan.png

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch.
Kif Kroker: I'll get the powder, sir.

Leela: Someone should teach you a lesson.
Captain Zapp Brannigan: Well, if it's a lesson in love, watch out. I suffer from a very sexy learning disability. What do I call it, Kif?
Kif Kroker: Ugh...”Sexlexia".

Kif Kroker: That new recruit is phenomenal, sir.
Captain Zapp Brannigan: Yes. He edged out my old mark by two seconds...
[Kif stares at him]
Captain Zapp Brannigan: ... and 16 minutes...
[Kif rolls his eyes]
Captain Zapp Brannigan: ... and 12 hours...
[Kif stares at him]
Captain Zapp Brannigan: ... I do plan to finish someday, Kif.

[Fry is in a Captain Pike-style life-support machine]
Captain Zapp Brannigan: Do you understand the charges?
Kif Kroker: One beep for yes, two beeps for no.
[Fry beeps once]
Captain Zapp Brannigan: Yes, so noted. Do you plead guilty?
[Fry beeps twice]
Captain Zapp Brannigan: Double yes. Guilty.

[Zapp Brannigan has just piloted the Titanic straight into the path of a black hole]
Captain Zapp Brannigan: Don't blame yourself, Kif. We were doomed from the start. I guess all that remains now is for the captain to go down with the ship.
Lt. Kif Kroker: That's surprisingly noble of you, sir.
Captain Zapp Brannigan: No, it's noble of you, Kif. As of now, you're in command. Congratulations, Captain.
[Zapp runs off]

Captain Zapp Brannigan: I am the man with no name, Zapp Brannigan!

Futurama is mostly brilliant. if season one was better, it would be all brilliant.

It wasn't bad at all. And why was it not bad? Because it remembered THE LOVE!

Any time now, I'm going to shut up.

Futurama is the dog's bollocks, people. Especially Zapp, but especially Fry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back