The Simpsons (1 Viewer)

it only had a few toilet jokes. which i never find funny. so that was good. and yeah i suppose potlatch is right with the grimes comment. still...

Meh. This felt like that treehouse of horror episode where Homer and Bart go 3d stretched out for 90 minutes. The other audience members reacted most to the many moments of senseless violence rather than the (rare) clever jokes, which struck me as kinda strange. It also resorted to Family Guy-esque random humour a little too often which is a sad reflection of the state of The Simpsons these days. Ah well. Seeing Bart's cock 'n' balls was pretty weird, too.

Edit: Just to clarify on that point about people reacting the most to characters being hit in the balls with rocks etc.; it's naive to think that these kindsa gags don't get the biggest laughs in most movies when there's kids in the audience, 'cos they do, but I just assumed that most people who call themselves simpsons fans watch it for the writing, not the sight gags.

Hmmm

HMMMMMM

That wasn't quite as bad as I expected but still wasn't anywhere near good. Unlike an episode these days it actually had a story and wasn't just random crap. Unlike an episode back in the day though I'm pretty sure I got every joke the first time I saw it (like family guy), repeated viewings won't reveal anything. Seeing his 'cock'n'balls' wasn't that bad, it was almost done tastefully.

I LOL'd at the lake when the skull appeared and said 'EVVVVILLL' or something but I was literally the only one in the cinema laughing.

Most of it was done better in the soulmate episode though

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought since you had it in quotation marks and my post was above yours that you were quoting me. Let's kiss.

"I like men now."

that bit wasn't funny. Ralph is never funny these days

Yeah, that was off, freakish, and horribly unfunny. A 6 year old or whatever catches a glimpse of another child in the nuddy, and says 'i like men now'?????what a lead balloon of a joke. I read that there were 11 writers...thing is..that's about 10 writers too many. No wonder its shit.

GO FUCK YOURSELF SPIDERPIG!

This yolk is everywhere. I turned on the radio yesterday and Gerry Ryan played it like 10 times singing along. Today, Rick O Shea is doing it. I changed channel. They were doing it on SPIN (!). Fairly certain I heard it on Phantom. All over the telly as well. I thought it was an awful gag the first time and now it's just depressing.

GO FUCK YOURSELF SPIDERPIG!

This yolk is everywhere. I turned on the radio yesterday and Gerry Ryan played it like 10 times singing along. Today, Rick O Shea is doing it. I changed channel. They were doing it on SPIN (!). Fairly certain I heard it on Phantom. All over the telly as well. I thought it was an awful gag the first time and now it's just depressing.
i saw this clip, only once, while i was queing up in the bank.
i laughed outloud. hard. im glad ive only seen it once though.
looking forward to stealing this fillum.

I was pleasantly surprised! It was really pretty funny and I think that might be because there were a lot of rapidfire mightmissthem jokes. I was giggling most of the way through it, although most of the audience only laughed at a few bits (the opposite of what I expected!). The jokes on the trailers were the bad ones.

I heard someone on the radio complaining about there being too few celebrities but that was another winner! Tom Hanks pops up but only cos it's funny and makes sense. The family doesn't bump into Ricky Gervais or some tennis player or anyone rubbish...

The girl beside me only laughed once (at what, you wonder!). Then she stood up and the end and goes to her friend "spiderpig was sooooo funny". Ah well.

If the show was more like that, Sundays could be much more fun.

I was pleasantly surprised! It was really pretty funny and I think that might be because there were a lot of rapidfire mightmissthem jokes. I was giggling most of the way through it, although most of the audience only laughed at a few bits (the opposite of what I expected!). The jokes on the trailers were the bad ones.

I heard someone on the radio complaining about there being too few celebrities but that was another winner! Tom Hanks pops up but only cos it's funny and makes sense. The family doesn't bump into Ricky Gervais or some tennis player or anyone rubbish...

The girl beside me only laughed once (at what, you wonder!). Then she stood up and the end and goes to her friend "spiderpig was sooooo funny". Ah well.

If the show was more like that, Sundays could be much more fun.

i feel validated by this.

It was pretty funny.

The simpsons didn't get it's reputation for being 'pretty funny' though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back