the ryanair rant thread (4 Viewers)

This is why O'Leary is such an arse. He doesn't even think to consult with his legal people, who would tell him for free 'well, dickhead, that's obviously a flagrant violation of international aviation regulations, for good reason', to which he will throw a wobbler that everyone is out to get him and is anti-business. He really is that thick.

This online check in fee is some pure bull shit. They get rid of the check in desks to get people to check in online is grand, I usually did that anyway but now charging a fiver for something that was free all along? And now it's something like 20 quid to check in at the desk? Sake.

Oh and never, ever go over the weight on luggage. 120 fucking quid for a few KG over.

some good news

Ryanair appears to be losing its focus. The travel website 360travelguide.com found a way to get money for nothing out of the stingy no-frills carrier.
Ryanair’s weakness, the site explains, is its on-board pricing structure: a cup of coffee, for example, costs €3 or £3, and passengers can ask for their change in either currency.
The trick, therefore, is to pay for your coffee with a €50 note and ask for your change in sterling.
Instead of getting back €47 — worth less than £42 — you receive £47, making a profit of £5 and cancelling out the online check-in fee. The airline was unavailable for comment.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article6725664.ece

Suppose you have a return flight booked with Ryanair. Suppose you don't use the outbound leg of it. Does this invalidate your booking for the return flight?

Suppose you have a return flight booked with Ryanair. Suppose you don't use the outbound leg of it. Does this invalidate your booking for the return flight?

I was just looking up this thread to ask the exact same question. :eek:
Yeah I know, that's feck all help to you.

I was just looking up this thread to ask the exact same question. :eek:
Yeah I know, that's feck all help to you.

Ha! I'm going to try ringing them. Will let you know when I find out. Expect a reply here in three hours ...

I've done that before, you should be grand.

Although I did accidentally check in for the outbound flight of the return trip originally booked by mistake instead of the outbound flight I booked afterwards, but your one at the check in was incredibly sound and checked me in for the correct flight out and didn't charge me or anything.

I just looked up their website and they say it's okay, you can do that.

However, I am going to ring them anyway, because there are multiple people on the one booking and I want to make sure that's not going to cause any problems ....

Can you let me know how you get on?
I've a bad feeling I'm going to get stranded at Bristol.

Hey I'm going to Bristol too ...

Okay I just talked to them and it's no problem.

Not taking up the outbound flight does not affect your booking on the return.

If your flight is part of a multiple booking (i.e. a few people) then that does not cause a problem either. I didn't ask whether it causes a problem if you are the one who booked the flights i.e. the booking is on your name ... you don't check in .. does that affect the others on the booking? I dunno ...

They're a cheeky bunch of pricks. Their Cabin Baggage dimensions are less deep by at least 2cm than pretty much every Cabin Bag size suitcase made.

Does anyone know where a case can be found cheap that is 20cm or less deep?

I hate having no choice but to fly Ryanair. I would prefer to pay more and put up with less shit.

Do they check them though? Not with ryanair, but my cabin bag is usually huge and i've never once had it checked. That 15kg checkin bag allowance is cheeky. I had 20kg of baggage coming home from england there recently, the flight was £50 and 20kg of baggage would have cost me £50 too. Ended up on aer lingus for about £60.

Do they check them though? Not with ryanair, but my cabin bag is usually huge and i've never once had it checked. That 15kg checkin bag allowance is cheeky. I had 20kg of baggage coming home from england there recently, the flight was £50 and 20kg of baggage would have cost me £50 too. Ended up on aer lingus for about £60.

According to a few friends of mine who flew Ryanair recently they were making absolutely everyone put their bags into that size check thing at the gate before they could board the plane. Any pushing or squeezing involved meant you had to pay €35 to check it in.

I'm going to carefully plan travel from now on in a way that allows me to avoid flying ryanair.

Edit: Actually can anyone who's flown Ryanair to the UK recently verify the bag measuring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back