the ryanair rant thread (1 Viewer)

All airlines charge for Snnowboards and Golf clubs and such like so it seems unfair to get mad at Ryanair for charging you for the same thing.

I :heart: Ryanair.

It really baffles me why people get so worked up about them. They are clear and upfront about everything. It's a bus with wings, nothing more. if you expect something different you'll always be cranky and disapointed. However if you accept that fact then you realise Ryanair is a beautiful thing - air travel shorn of the bullshit and nonsense.

Just remember the rule:

Arrive late: tough shit
Need to make a tight connection: not our problem
I'm an important person: no youre not - queue like everybody else.
want something: Pay us first.

I've been all over Europe with Ryanair - something which would heve been almost impossible before they arrived - I remember a time when if a family member died in the UK it was a big deal to get to the funeral - now it's cheaper than getting to Dublin.

One thing that annoyed me when they started charging you per bag and doing priority boarding is that it was automatically selected for you. I'm computer savvy and it took me a couple of minutes to notice what the extra charges were and to find out how to opt out of them. An average person might have taken forever to figure it out.

It bugs me that just because an airline adopts the low cost model they feel it's OK to treat people like shit. Jet Blue in the states is a fantastic airline that's cheap AND they let you select your seat when you book AND every seat has a TV screen in the headrest in front of it.

Ryanair sick bags double as an envelope to put your film in for it to be developed. I think that's genius.

Seven-hour Ryanair delay in Luton yesterday. Not so much as a sniff of a free coffee - and they're obliged by law to provide refreshments and meals reasonable for the time delayed.

Near riots in the departure lounge, with the Servisair staff passing the buck to Ryanair, who have NO representatives in the airport at all.

I go along with the "bus with wings" line of thinking on Ryanair, but they contrive it so they can shirk their legal responsibilities with no comeback whatsoever. They deserve to be slapped with a class action suit one of these days.

Who's under any illusions as to what Ryanair offer in this day and age? I wouldn't be arsed reading this thread except to say that you pay for what you get.

Flying's gone to the dogs folks. Just give it up. Travel's totally over-rated anyway.

we know they are chancers but

Ryanair was banned today from claiming its London-Brussels flights were cheaper and faster than Eurostar

The budget airline's advert compared 70-minute flight to the 131-minute train trip. But travelling from London and Brussels city centres to the two airports used by Ryanair would add a total of 105 minutes to the total journey time, the Advertising Standards Authority said.

"Ryanair one way - from £15 - taxes and charges included. Eurostar one way - from £27 - taxes and charges included", its advert said. But transfer costs from both airports to London and Brussels city centres would cost a minimum of £8 each.

http://www.execdigital.co.uk/NewsArticle.aspx?articleid=1895

I booked ryanair flights for the parents the other day but i seem to have deleted the email with the booking number. is this important? they always bzzZZzz me away at the check in desk when i present them with the booking number and just look at my passport and check the name off the list but it'd be just typical of them to refuse the parents when i've gone and lost the number.

i'm never asked for the confirmation number, so on the last flight i took i didn't bother taking the email printout out of my bag. and that was the one time i was asked. i guess it depends. maybe you could ring and explain and get it over the phone?

i'm never asked for the confirmation number, so on the last flight i took i didn't bother taking the email printout out of my bag. and that was the one time i was asked. i guess it depends. maybe you could ring and explain and get it over the phone?
What happened when you couldn't produce? Did you still get on?

I booked ryanair flights for the parents the other day but i seem to have deleted the email with the booking number. is this important? they always bzzZZzz me away at the check in desk when i present them with the booking number and just look at my passport and check the name off the list but it'd be just typical of them to refuse the parents when i've gone and lost the number.

You should be able to get it off the site if you have the dates of travel & credit card number.

regarding my first post: i am the luckiest girl alive. my karma must be amazing.....because despite being at least 20kg overweight with both oasis and ryanair....NEITHER charged me!!!!

hurrah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back