the ryanair rant thread (1 Viewer)

Ryanair are one of the few companies who list kayaks/canoes as sports gear and not a small boat or leisure craft which means way less hassle with trying to wrap up your boat and pretend its a surfboard. I'm using them for the first time in yaers next week and it better all go according to plan.

:eek:
I'm the biggest Ryanair apologist around and I think you're going to have some fun.

:eek:
I'm the biggest Ryanair apologist around and I think you're going to have some fun.

No its gonna be fine is what I'm saying as they cater for them so I don't have to disguise it or lie, unlike most others who don't cater for them or class them as small boats which is worse again. I've paid 45 euro return for a canoe( I won't be getting into the difference between a canoe and a kayak but if I truned up with a canoe I'd probably be laughed at). I'm more concerned with being over weight and getting to and from the airports.

I'm more concerned with being over weight and getting to and from the airports.

It's probably too close to your travel time to do anything about it now but regular exercise and an improved diet are usually the best ways of tackling this.

AND because im effectively leaving HK i will have HEAVY luggage. oasis will probably turn a blind eye and their limit is 23KG - but im fucked when it comes to taking the ryanair leg of the journey cos their max is 15KG.

why oh why did i book with those cunts? i hate them.

what started as a 24 pound flight home ended up costing me close to 80.

W.A.N.K.E.R.S.

You'd want to be careful about the baggage weight thing. I was 4 KG over on a Ryanair flight before, ended up costing me about €50 extra in charges, so if you're going to be near 23KG it could cost you a lot!

How come people tike Magner are McManus deified while they hide behind tax non resident status and at the same time O'Leary, who pays millions in PAYE/PRSI and IT every year is always seen as vulgar and brash.

I know who the better citizen is in my estimation.
I don't know who Magner and McManus are they'd want to be awful cunts to make Michael O'Leary seem like a good citizen. Paying your taxes doesn't make you sound. There are many different ways to be a dick

i just don't like this race to the bottom in terms of service. the more irish people earn, the less they expect to pay for anything.
further to this point, subsequent to a conversation at lunch. if you insist on paying for the cheapest service available, be aware that the price you insist on paying may be a factor in the reason why the callcentre you had to ring is in india.

I don't mind Ryanair, i've never had probs with flights before but having to ask for the fatty-belt is a bit embarrassing but if they just handed you one you'd be morto too.

I can to wait to see the face of the taxi driver as you come out the revolving door of the airport carrying a boat

No taxis. Bus eireann letterkenny to dublin airport then train from salzburg to haiming. I wouldn't go near a taxi with a boat, that would be hilarious. I've heard some great stories about tying boats to taxis in third world countries.

Back to the topic of ryanair I had a choice of a hundred euro with them or 500 with lufthansa(I think) so ethics and service were forgotten about pretty fast.

ryanair are grand for what you pay for.
although last week one of our guitar cases was completely smashed in the hold.
mustve taken a right proper wack to do that!
and yet theres NOThing you can do, except call JOOOOOE duffy.

Never had any trouble with Ryanair although have always only used them for very brief trips and thus very light luggage. Had a grand experience with Ryanair this weekend. No bother. But they are real sticklers for the weight restrictions. That's where they make their money I guess.
Oh yes, this is supposed to be a rant isn't it. Em, their outfits are gross! Who ever thought to put yellow and navy together? Gag.

be aware that the price you insist on paying may be a factor in the reason why the callcentre you had to ring is in india.

I read an article recently about how the low cost model has increased levels of conspicuous consumption i.e. people buying more flights than they need with a view to taking the flights on a whim or block booking weekend flights etc. Because ryanair make money off on-flight sales, car rentals etc they may be facing trouble very soon because lots of the seats that they claim are full are actually empty.

Some analysts were surprised at how Ryanair and other low costs airlines were having aggressive sales during the most profitable times of the year.....

I read an article recently about how the low cost model has increased levels of conspicuous consumption i.e. people buying more flights than they need with a view to taking the flights on a whim or block booking weekend flights etc. Because ryanair make money off on-flight sales, car rentals etc they may be facing trouble very soon because lots of the seats that they claim are full are actually empty.

Some analysts were surprised at how Ryanair and other low costs airlines were having aggressive sales during the most profitable times of the year.....

I think if this was genuinely a problem all thay would do is increase the level by which they oversell flights.

I think if this was genuinely a problem all thay would do is increase the level by which they oversell flights.

But aren't there pretty strict EU regulations about how much airlines are allowed overbook now?

myspider.jpg

even though they once lost my bike for a week, i am so glad an airline like ryanair exists. without them there is no way i could afford to travel on a forthnightly basis to see my family. so leave it out like. haters

I'm an important person: no youre not - queue like everybody else.

this interpretation is bollocks. like hugh and RSJ mentioned below, there's no priority boarding for people with kids, the elderly or ill. but there is priority boarding for people who pay for it and only travel with hand-luggage - the second criterion eliminating almost anyone who might need priority boarding. it's arrogant bullshit that writes off the notion that anyone might have needs beyond those of a healthy, childless celtic tiger brat.

i hate ryanair and the scramble for seats and the bumpier-than-bumpy flights. and i never, never book with them - aer lingus is only marginally more expensive for most journeys i make, and a world apart in terms of the experience, which i find bad enough anyway - but sometimes group travel means i don't have a choice. i think cheap shorthaul flights are an environmental scourge, so i'm not even grateful for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back