The Russian invasion of Ukraine (1 Viewer)

the vox pops have turned a lot more belligerent towards ukraine?
the vast majority of the young people he interviews don't like Vlad and the war but for obvious reasons are reserved in what they say. a few put the boot in though.
the questions themselves aren't great "Would you like to be president?" What???

must be great living in Russia, nobody seems to have freckles. neither do Ukrainians, they'll be in for shock as they arrive.

hard to know what to make of this -

The Russians pretty much saved the Assad regime in Syria (and in a very very roundabout way did the rest of the world a solid in terms of ISIS) - I wonder are these 'volunteers' being encouraged to go as a quid pro quo? Or is having a few less heavily armed under occupied head the balls in a 'stabilised' Syria something a good thing from the regimes perspective.

Interesting they are stationing them in the 'republics' rather than in Ukraine. Given the sort of war these characters came from keeping the locals under control rather than conventional war may be their skill set.

Probably doesn't bode well for the locals wherever they're based - given how brutal the wars in Syria and Iraq were/are

I'm getting a horrible feeling that Putin seems to be telegraphing dirty nuclear / chemical / biological agent usage, in the sense they're claiming Ukraine and the US are about to launch these sort of attacks.

They're also recruiting in the Middle East, ideal individuals to carry out these kinds of actions providing plausible deniability. They're already using cluster munitions in population centers, bombing out evacuation routes, shelling hospitals and schools, and seemingly gunning down non-combatants in the street. Pretty much all of these things stay being unthinkable, until the moment they do it.

In the meantime Lavrov is claiming they didn't attack Ukraine, there is no war, and talking about Nazis. I'm wondering when does Putin get to the point where he feels he has nothing to lose.

I'm getting a horrible feeling that Putin seems to be telegraphing dirty nuclear / chemical / biological agent usage, in the sense they're claiming Ukraine and the US are about to launch these sort of attacks.

They're also recruiting in the Middle East, ideal individuals to carry out these kinds of actions providing plausible deniability. They're already using cluster munitions in population centers, bombing out evacuation routes, shelling hospitals and schools, and seemingly gunning down non-combatants in the street. Pretty much all of these things stay being unthinkable, until the moment they do it.

In the meantime Lavrov is claiming they didn't attack Ukraine, there is no war, and talking about Nazis. I'm wondering when does Putin get to the point where he feels he has nothing to lose.

good point - I hadn't factored in that in my post above - but having 'non state actors' on the ground to do ones dirty work may be helpful.

however - I don't think they'd (ie Putin and co.) give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks. they are already well into major war crimes territory. and we haven't even got close to the inevitable reprisals etc. on civilians in the areas they are occupying. I think Putin is already at the point where he had nothing to lose. It's grind out a dirty victory of sorts over a couple of years, or escalate.

So fuck up Ukraine, secure the resources east of the river, undermine Nato/europe, cosy up to a china/russia economy.

That'd be a lowest escalation version of possible outcomes?

So fuck up Ukraine, secure the resources east of the river, undermine Nato/europe, cosy up to a china/russia economy.

That or Ceaucescu'd Putin plus immediate withdrawal and national soul searching over re-opened Mackers.

word on the street is that China is growing uneasy with how this is going. However that could just be wishful thinking.

but yes otherwise I think. Short of a coup or a happy accident.

This lad's voice gives me the runs but this video is interesting enough.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the video does suggest that given enough time, the russians can do this like i used to play 'command and conquer'.
i.e. don't really engage much at first but amass a huge force and then just swamp the enemy.

Just saw this, Amazon have teamed up with Save the Children. You can buy items like nappies/gloves etc., and Amazon/Save The Children will get them directly to families fleeing. Just remember to choose Save the Children as the delivery address.

Got pretty upset scrolling the list and adding things like nappies to the basket. General sense of despair is going wild.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlis...e8-47f9-90a9-07aa471fbb69&pf_rd_i=27979041031

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back