The Roaring Twenties (1 Viewer)

cos its Irish, and so are we.

god forbid anyone ever does anything thats good. It would kill us to have to suppress our begrudging nature, even if just the once.

Like for example, that Glen Hansard movie is meant to be good, isn't it? I've never heard anyone once mention that on here. Imagine saying something good about Glen Hansard. It'd be just too much for most people.

Once is an excellent movie - some of the music in it is pretty great too. "The guy's" father is a spot on performance.

Would be inclined to agree with the former. When the majority of the laughs come from the supporting characters (Chris Morris in series one, Matt Berry in series two) then it's just not cutting it.
i love it. the 'leg disabled' episode in particular was genius.

Whatever about begrudgery, the Glen Hansard movie is not good. People who say it is, I suspect, come from the other, opposite and equally annoying facet of Irishness: "Shur twas no use, but fairplay to them anyway."

On another, equally unrelated note, I was very disappointed in the jokes to bad language ratio of The Panel last night. Bad language is not funny in and of itself.

I saw bit's of Tommy Tiernan and Dara O Brian's live shows over xmas-- far too much unneccessary swearing
I thought it really took away from what they were doing, making them sound like they were nervous and ineloquent, which they aren't

Once is an excellent movie - some of the music in it is pretty great too. "The guy's" father is a spot on performance.

Ah yeah he was alright, I used to live in that house y'know, and the hoover shop is run by a father and son combo.

But the "Hey guyz, I thought yee were clowns, but now I don't so let's play frisbee with the dog at five in the morning" scene? That was daft.

But the "Hey guyz, I thought yee were clowns, but now I don't so let's play frisbee with the dog at five in the morning" scene? That was daft.

was it a luminous frisbee? or had the dog got amazing night vision?

if not then , yes that is pretty daft

Anyway, a friend suggested that the script for roaring twenties could have been written as a transition year project. I think he's being polite. Unless the class had special needs.

Snakey move putting in Fas girl next week. I will actually watch it to see her. Sad as that seems. I have seen some suggestions that there was a kernel of potential for this show developing into something moderately well scripted or entertaining, I have to disagree, it was as awful as the english class. And I have just remembered another recent show Trouble in Paradise, which was filmed in Oldcastle Co. Meath. This shit is systematic. I would prefer if they blew the entire comedy budget on Series 6 of Curb Your Enthusiasm or Peep Show. We are now paying 175 euros a year. That's a lot of money for some of us, still in our roaring twenties, living in flatland, without cable television.

Tommy Tiernen over-eggs the pudding with nauseating filth in his latest DVD. I was not impressed.

tommy teirnan is a very funny and suprisingly soulful comedian, but he has shifting into almost Chubby Brown low-browness from the last DVD i saw. Still funny, but kind of distasteful in a way i didn't expect, nor really enjoy.

Still though, fuck cunt an arse tit cum yeah?

tommy teirnan is a very funny and suprisingly soulful comedian, but he has shifting into almost Chubby Brown low-browness from the last DVD i saw. Still funny, but kind of distasteful in a way i didn't expect, nor really enjoy.

Still though, fuck cunt an arse tit cum yeah?

Yeah, he still gots the soul, but he's sinking in a mire of unbelievably foul language.

Pat to Ronan Collins 'Now, back to this nasty Patty Cake Patty Cake business. I mean, it's just a bit of fun but you better believe me though, if it catches on in the playground, i'll be after you with a crow bar. G'wan fuck off.'

Dricco was great on it, handshakes galore.

i just skipped to the end of this thread, so maybe it's been mentioned already. The voiceover, the "next week on..." and even the font in some cases.... Arrested Development all the way. i can't believe it was broadcast.

As someone hoping to have an Irish comedy show commissioned this year, I dont know whether to be encouraged or not. It's either "Yes! My stuff is WAY better! I'm a shoo-in!" or it's "This is what RTE thinks is funny.... I havent a hope."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back