The Roaring Twenties (1 Viewer)

did anyone else see the news bulletin that followed this? The lead story was 'imitation samurai swords to be outlawed'. One of the last scenes in the Roarin 20s was yer man Cillian Murphy running up the road after some Russian bloke with a samurai sword.

It was the funniest thing about the program. And it happened after it was over.

I thought exactly the same thing. It was the only time I laughed out loud.

Reminds me of the time my folks bought my brother a Rick Springfield cassette for his birthday because he was 'into music'. They tried! They really did! But he looked really insulted by it and it was not long before he went on the offensive and we were all expected to celebrate Geddy Lee's birthday so no one could mistake his musical tastes again.

One xmas I was givin, a Gloria Estivan album and the Pasadenas by me da.
He really thought he was doing the right thing.

i managed about ten minutes of this last night. any longer and i would have gone from wanting to stab myself in the eyes to actually doing so.

i actually feel insulted that this is the kind of shite being promoted and funded on TV. absolute pricks.

Did anyone see the thing RTW put on tonight. Mockumentary following
a traveller country singer around. She went to the Meteors and told Neil from Delorentos to fuck off. Awful.

saw an ad for it. I thought it was a piss-take. I couldn't bear to watch it given the tripe that they showed the night before.

Was twink in it? Thats a serious question by the way. Yer one in the ad looked like her a bit.

Did anyone see the thing RTW put on tonight. Mockumentary following
a traveller country singer around. She went to the Meteors and told Neil from Delorentos to fuck off. Awful.
i thought she was kind of funny in her own awful way. who the fuck was she though?

she asked The Blizzards would global warming have an affect on their name.

Did anyone see Michael Portillo getting dosed with CS gas on BBC2 last night? Now there's a national broadcaster who knows how to put the licence fee to good use.

It also featured one of the most unsettling tableaux I've seen on television in the past few years: Portillo overseeing the electrocution of a dead pig on a trolley. There were globules of fat running down the forehead, sparks coming from the ears... and the pig on the trolley didn't look too good either.

Thanks for being a wonderful audience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back