The Quinns & Cavan (1 Viewer)

Re: "scumbags... skangers... knackers"

i do think thats a demonstration based on the power of misinformation. no excuse, but livining in ruralia, i've had this conversation a million times:

rural person: i dont know why sean quinn gets so much shit, he's a nice man.
me (also a rural person technically): you know that he tried to buy a bank using peoples insurance policies, and when he legally couldnt buy an more of the bank he borrowed from the bank itself and used a loophole to aquire nearly 25% of the bank using debts from the bank and insurance policies, and thats why he's in so much shit, and thats what we are bailing out?
rural person: no, no i didnt. fuck.

ye olde 'its not what you know, its who you know' i believe also applies in the city too though.

i thought that side of things was being investigated via the whole ukranian thing, i could also b wrong too.

I kinda get the impression that possibly when the courts finally get to his brown envelope trail if its let go that far, it'll be a case that so many were involved or bought that action would require putting half the country through the courts. i find that if you mention him out in the sticks you get 3 different replies:

1. sean quinn is a gentleman (i have been bribed)
2. sean quinn is gombeen of the highest order (i have not been bribed)
3. clam up. (my boss has been bribed)

How are people missing the fact that he's transferred properties to family members so they can't be taken by Anglo Irish bank/the tax payer?

In the interview, which was recorded yesterday, Mr Quinn had made a “very conscious decision” to put assets beyond the bank’s reach.

“We felt it was the right thing to do and we still feel it was the right thing to have done…unfortunately its turned out very badly and it finished up in prison” he said.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0727/breaking21.html

How are people missing the fact that he's transferred properties to family members so they can't be taken by Anglo Irish bank/the tax payer?

I love the bit about how he sent all the money to Russia for some law firm to just give to randomers on the understanding that they'd get it back whenever they asked for it. And then when he asked for it back they told him no, he's not their client.

What exactly are these people claiming? Anglo lied to the Quinns to get them to invest? And they are ignoring any wrong-doing that the Quinns may have done because Anglo mislead them?...Is that it?

that poor family, we should have a fund raiser

a 'fundament raiser' if you will...

i do think thats a demonstration based on the power of misinformation. no excuse, but livining in ruralia, i've had this conversation a million times:

rural person: i dont know why sean quinn gets so much shit, he's a nice man.
me (also a rural person technically): you know that he tried to buy a bank using peoples insurance policies, and when he legally couldnt buy an more of the bank he borrowed from the bank itself and used a loophole to aquire nearly 25% of the bank using debts from the bank and insurance policies, and thats why he's in so much shit, and thats what we are bailing out?
rural person: no, no i didnt. fuck.

ye olde 'its not what you know, its who you know' i believe also applies in the city too though.

Ive had that experience multiple times, over multiple situations, its like a really lazy comfirmation bias. plenty of dubling oul wans still reflexively love charlie.

also I think the GAA has re-confirmed my opinion that it represents both the worst and best aspects of the irish character simultaniously. sean boylan in particular has dropped in my estimation - never had him down as a gombeen lover. (not that he gives a shit im sure. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back