The Kfc Chicken thingy (1 Viewer)

SadieOutlaw said:
hello hag, i have no particular game but i'm all up for playing. heard you are some kinda musician type, is this true? is that why the ladies want you?
the ladies only want me because they think the other ladies want me. at least that's what i keep telling myself.

pete said:
And todays post which I will regret tomorrow is:

I don't eat meat because I think it's barbaric to kill animals for food. I've been vegetarian since i was 10 or 11, and I've never tasted kentucky fried chicken, a big mac or a whopper. I do, however, miss rashers and sausages.

I am also a hypocrite because while i don't eat eggs, i'll eat foods that contain egg. I am also wearing leather shoes, but I rationalise that by reasoning that animals aren't slaughtered for leather, it's a by-product.

Feel free to take the piss.
i'm not bad. i'm a by-product of thumped. you know people have been sued for less brady? xxx

I think many people who don't eat meat have been put off in childhood by poor quality meat and poor cooking. You think your ma is a good cook? Most likely she isn't.

I think eating animal products makes it an awful lot easier to have a healthy diet. I know quite a few long-term vegetarians with chronic health problems, which I suspect is due to too many carbs, not enough protein and missing out on certain vitamins and minerals

Dunno why the hell you don't eat eggs, Pete, it's just hen's period. You can get free-range organic ones down in the Dublin Food Co-op for €2 a half-dozen, and you know them hens are treated better than some children are

egg_ said:
I think eating animal products makes it an awful lot easier to have a healthy diet. I know quite a few long-term vegetarians with chronic health problems, which I suspect is due to too many carbs, not enough protein and missing out on certain vitamins and minerals
And I know quite a few long term carnivores with chronic heart problems. i think a bad diet is a bad diet is a bad diet, irrespective of the level of unnecessary cruelty it involves.

Dunno why the hell you don't eat eggs, Pete, it's just hen's period. You can get free-range organic ones down in the Dublin Food Co-op for €2 a half-dozen, and you know them hens are treated better than some children are
They make me feel uncomfortable. The fact that I don't actually like them helps.

Oh, and more hypocrisy - dairy products.

pete said:
i think a bad diet is a bad diet is a bad diet, irrespective of the level of unnecessary cruelty it involves.
Ah indeed
Veggies worry me though - people who eat in KFC every day know they're doing themselves no favours, but lots of veggies/vegans
think their diet is automatically healthier than an omnivorous diet, which it most cetainly isn't

egg_ said:
Ah indeed
Veggies worry me though - people who eat in KFC every day know they're doing themselves no favours, but lots of veggies/vegans
think their diet is automatically healthier than an omnivorous diet, which it most cetainly isn't
but realistically theyre morons if they think that. I take vitamin supplements or else trouble brews and I die.

egg_ said:
Ah indeed
This is true. And all that fake food makes for a really unhealthy diet. They might get a balance of nutrients 'right' (though not necessarily in a form that can be absorbed easily), and they can overprocess something to remove an ingredient, but it just makes it processed, not healthy. Fake food equals bad. Real food might not necessarily equal good, but at least you know what you're getting.

I, too, have recently been told to lay off the wheat and dairy, and I'm not happy about it. I was pretty good about it for a while, but in the last week, I've been lazy and indulgent, and as a result, I'm not only too exhausted to function, I feel like I have swallowed a bag of goddamn nails. It's a real pain, and I hate being a pain about food.

What I do is generally just do my wheat-free, minimal-dairy (I'm not giving up cheese or ice cream, but everything else has nice soya substitutes), and then, when I just can't avoid the wheat without being a total asshole, I indulge a bit. If I don't do it too often, it's fine.

i does seem to be a trend among doctors to tell people to quit wheat.

p.s. the superquinn corn bread contains wheat.

egg_ said:
I think many people who don't eat meat have been put off in childhood by poor quality meat and poor cooking. You think your ma is a good cook? Most likely she isn't.

I know my ma is a good cook! In fact, I think I went off meat when I found out that most of it tasted nothing like what my mother made.

I've been veggie for about 15 years, and, like Zita, I just never liked meat very much. It was eating icky meat that really reminded me that it was a dead animal. I was never too keen on it, even though my mom managed to do it right. And, like Pete, I'm a hypocrite. I wear leather shoes. I eat stuff with eggs in it, but I don't like the farty taste of eggs on their own, so I just don't eat them.

I'm still aware of the environmental impact of eating meat and not eating meat, but I'm thinking of re-introducing at least fish into my diet, mostly because otherwise, eating out will remain a problem, and going to someone's house for dinner even more of one. Plus, the fatty acids from fish are good for both your brain and your joints.

Problem is: I've developed an aversion to putting animal into my mouth (cue blowjob joke from Hag -- thanks, Hag!). Anyone have any experience of this? I mean, being somewhat repulsed by animal flesh, but still managing to develop a taste for it?

jane said:
I'm still aware of the environmental impact of eating meat and not eating meat, but I'm thinking of re-introducing at least fish into my diet, mostly because otherwise, eating out will remain a problem, and going to someone's house for dinner even more of one. Plus, the fatty acids from fish are good for both your brain and your joints.
I started eating fish on occasion for a particular health thing - it hasn't done jack. It wasn't so bad at first but Im liking it less and less. I wasn't into fish because of absorbed pollution etc. and that isn't getting any better in fact it's getting worse with the rise in fish farming etc.

aoifed said:
What fake food you talkin about?
All of the sort of low-carb versions of regular food, or bread that is unnaturally gluten-free (it's gross, I'd rather have something that just naturally doesn't contain wheat). Food in which an otherwise essential ingredient has been replaced by a manufactured substitute.

It's a bigger deal in the US, where the supermarkets have entire sections devoted to chemically enhanced Atkins foods. Blech. Instead of helping people to learn to enjoy food that's healthy, it just creates a reliance on a particular brand.

Processed food is just not as nice for your system.

jane said:
I, too, have recently been told to lay off the wheat and dairy, and I'm not happy about it. I was pretty good about it for a while, but in the last week, I've been lazy and indulgent, and as a result, I'm not only too exhausted to function, I feel like I have swallowed a bag of goddamn nails. It's a real pain, and I hate being a pain about food.
here, does cutting down on wheat and dairy actually make you feel better? i've decided to try and be strict about it for about 6 weeks and see if it makes a difference to my energy levels, etc, but i'm only on day 2 and already i feel extremely deprived...is this going to be worth it?

jane said:
like Pete, I'm a hypocrite. I wear leather shoes. I eat stuff with eggs in it
im not a hypocrite because i eat meat and leather shoes.

Toby_and_His_Hoof.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back