The Kfc Chicken thingy (1 Viewer)

FancyGoods said:
im not a hypocrite because i eat meat and leather shoes.

Toby_and_His_Hoof.jpg
:D

aoifed said:
This is funny. Is the 'thinking about trying a bit of fish' an age thing? I've been toying with the idea after 13 years of being utterly repulsed, particularly by fish. Two of my mates (I'm lookin at you, broken- will) and my mam have recently started it which entices me even more.
But then I realise that I *really* don't want to eat fish. So it's ok.

Re. the evil of processed foods- You are What you Eat (Ch4 Tuesdays at 8.30) is simply the best television ever.
try fish and shellfish. i was never too keen until around 4 or 5 years ago. now every time fish enters my mouth, it envigorates me or something. no shit.

egg_ said:
Not a concern if you eat organic meat
Nearly all the meat I eat is organic and free-range, raised by a small farmer called Jens Krumpe in Tipperary, and delivered by him to my door. Bourgeois, wha? My oh my it sure tastes fine. Anybody wants his number PM me
Unfortunately not everyone can afford or access organic meat (that is why mc donalds et al is so popular and the the poor fare less well in the healthy eating game due to the price of 'healthier' foods). I wouldn't tell people to stop eating meat, maybe eat less (primarily because of the environmental consequences) and the health benefits from a more diverse diet and try and buy local meat and if possible organic. Maybe the trend in farmers markets and slow food and even the modifications to the CAP will increse the levels of organic production and lower prices so that that healthy food is more accessible to all.

why must you taunt me with your staunch maturity? ok, ok, you're more mature than me. you want a fucking medal? ;)
jane said:
I know it sounds silly, but I find that when I'm craving starchy bready carbohydrates, (Hag, you ready for your cue now?) a banana does the trick. Or some nuts. Or my other favourite, figs. (Wow, you've got two -- three if you're creative -- there.)

snakybus said:
mmmm sushi

my favouriote sushi

crab
prawn
eel
tuna

not gone on squid, has to be et in a hot country methinks
aye, it's nice when BBQ'd in sea salt and consumed while gazing out over the mediteranean of a summer evening.

broken arm said:
Unfortunately not everyone can afford or access organic meat (that is why mc donalds et al is so popular and the the poor fare less well in the healthy eating game due to the price of 'healthier' foods). I wouldn't tell people to stop eating meat, maybe eat less (primarily because of the environmental consequences) and the health benefits from a more diverse diet and try and buy local meat and if possible organic. Maybe the trend in farmers markets and slow food and even the modifications to the CAP will increse the levels of organic production and lower prices so that that healthy food is more accessible to all.

Sadly, this is true. A meal from the chipper is cheaper than cooking for yourself. The Guardian did a feature last year about people's eating habits, and the family on the lowest income, though they really tried to be both healthy and economical, were just unable to afford fresh vegetables. The farmers' markets were also of little use to them, since they didn't have a car to get to those in their area.

I think you're also right about just making better choices within the limits that are realistic.

There was also a feature recently on 'food miles' that showed that local produce in England (mostly meat and dairy products) actually used fewer resources than many fruits and vegetables because it didn't have to travel as far. So, being vegetarian isn't necessarily better for the environment, or for people who live in some of the countries whence the food comes.

On a happier note, only a few more weeks to blackberry season! Just went down for a little paddle at the Shelly Banks and saw loads of 'em. They're not ripe yet, but when they are.....ummmmmm.....blackberries.....Better get a bucket.

jane said:
On a happier note, only a few more weeks to blackberry season! Just went down for a little paddle at the Shelly Banks and saw loads of 'em. They're not ripe yet, but when they are.....ummmmmm.....blackberries.....Better get a bucket.
i want to go for a paddle. blackberry and rasberry smoothies, my favourite drug.

jane said:
Yes, Hag, with my innuendoes about innuendo, I am certainly a paragon of maturity. Yes, I do want a medal. One that looks like this: !bog
ok, "jane", can you just be more partonising instead? i will make a special brown medal for you. yes, JANE, all for you.

I kinda think shellfish tastes more like fish should taste than fish does.

I used to be a real picky eater - wouldn't eat vegtables at all, I used to retch when my Ma tried to get me to eat mushrooms, but when I left home I didn't know how to cook anything I liked so I got used to eating stuff whether I liked it or not. By the time I learned how to cook my pickiness was in the past. Acquiring tastes is fun

hag said:
i want to go for a paddle. blackberry and rasberry smoothies, my favourite drug.
Gotta go out there. You swim in the shadow of the poo poo plant, but it's apparently one of the cleaner spots in Dublin. 'Twas lovely. Had the whole beach to myself, so I sang songs out loud and jumped over the little waves. I tried to will the blackberries to ripen sooner, but it was not to be. I'd say they'll be ready by the first week of August, if not by the end of next week.

jane said:
Gotta go out there. You swim in the shadow of the poo poo plant, but it's apparently one of the cleaner spots in Dublin. 'Twas lovely. Had the whole beach to myself, so I sang songs out loud and jumped over the little waves. I tried to will the blackberries to ripen sooner, but it was not to be. I'd say they'll be ready by the first week of August, if not by the end of next week.
aaaahhhh, sweet jane. i knew you were one of the greatest things about this board. i have missed exchanging rudities with you, you cheeky scamp. where is that place you went swimming?

hag said:
aaaahhhh, sweet jane. i knew you were one of the the things about this board. i have missed exchanging rudities with you, you cheeky scamp. where is that place you went swimming?
Out in Irishtown Nature Park, out toward the South Wall. I hadn't been in the water at all yet this summer, and, even today, I just went in in my running gear, but it's lovely. I go out that way at least 3 or 4 times a week, and it's definitely one of the reasons I've always made an effort to live in this part of the city.

jane said:
Out in Irishtown Nature Park, out toward the South Wall. I hadn't been in the water at all yet this summer, and, even today, I just went in in my running gear, but it's lovely. I go out that way at least 3 or 4 times a week, and it's definitely one of the reasons I've always made an effort to live in this part of the city.
sounds nice. never been. swimming in the sea rules ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back