The Kfc Chicken thingy (2 Viewers)

snakybus said:
cats have to eat meat, they're 100% carnivorous

dogs can get by on a veggie diet, but you have to be careful

humans have evolved to have a complex diet, and the complex brains to deal with it and justify it - and the gut to digest it -vegetarianism is a perfectly normal outcome of evolution, same as celibacy, depression, all these other things peculiar to humans
i think i fancy you.

Cats do eat some veggies too. Not strictly true on the 100% buzz..lots of new catfoods have veg stuff in em. My cats have a fondness for the odd bit of grass to help them digest their food. Someone once told me it was because a cat was sick that they ate grass and houseplants (ferns are a favourite of my boys) Checked with the vet. Not so.

Latex lizzie said:
Cats do eat some veggies too. Not strictly true on the 100% buzz..lots of new catfoods have veg stuff in em. My cats have a fondness for the odd bit of grass to help them digest their food. Someone once told me it was because a cat was sick that they ate grass and houseplants (ferns are a favourite of my boys) Checked with the vet. Not so.
ha ha, cats eat grass to make themselves sick, you ning com poop.

egg_ said:
if I think about this too much I could end up depriving myself of one of my great pleasures - and for what? Life is too short

a person needs joy in his/her life as well as the knowledge that they are in the right
hedonistic consequentialism doesn't make judgement on that which gives pleasure so can be a dangerous benchmark of what is considered 'right'

hey lizzie seems you're right - you can put a cat on a vegan diet but you need specific kind of cat food with special supplements. It all sounds bery bourgeoise. Heck, you're all bourgeoise. And Miss B, bourgeoise means sexy. It's french.

snakybus said:
cats have to eat meat, they're 100% carnivorous
as the straight edge band that tried to make their cat go vegan found out :D

edit: damn you with your posting while i'm posting.

hag said:
wow, cool. why do dogs eat grass then? the always puke afterwards...

I guess its for the same reason? they would have eons ago eaten herbivores with grass in their stomachs, even more then cats would so the domesticated dog prolly misses it in their diet with most foods.Morale of the story tinned dog/ cat food is not good for your pet. I work in a pet shop at the weekend and have heard horror stories of what people feed their pets. Milk is also btw. a bad idea for cats and dogs. :confused:

It says in that article that some kinds of grass irritate the lining of the stomach and if they eat to much it can make matters worse. some lawns might have fertiliser or pesticides in em too soo I guess that might have something to do with it.

Latex lizzie said:
I guess its for the same reason? they would have eons ago eaten herbivores with grass in their stomachs, even more then cats would so the domesticated dog prolly misses it in their diet with most foods.Morale of the story tinned dog/ cat food is not good for your pet. I work in a pet shop at the weekend and have heard horror stories of what people feed their pets. Milk is also btw. a bad idea for cats and dogs. :confused:

It says in that article that some kinds of grass irritate the lining of the stomach and if they eat to much it can make matters worse. some lawns might have fertiliser or pesticides in em too soo I guess that might have something to do with it.
well i guess grass and milk are the same thing really. cows eat grass etc. heh. i can't believe it's friday already!!! :)

broken arm said:
hedonistic consequentialism doesn't make judgement on that which gives pleasure so can be a dangerous benchmark of what is considered 'right'
That's not what I meant. I meant that it's all very well having a well thought-out Moral Code - I do myself - but if you find that by doing so you're pushing all the pleasure out of living your life then you'd do well to think it out again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back