the healthy thread (3 Viewers)

Just do fun, practical and cheap or free exercises. Or go work as a stone mason or in a slaughter house or on a bin lorry. Fuck the gyms.

things like chopped chillies will speed up your metabolism . it is actually lovely spread on wholemeal toast and scrambled egg which is made with 1 whole egg plus an egg white no milk but a very small spread of butter.
fruit salad is great for breakfast or a snack, sweet potatoes, raw foods such as vegetables fruit and things like olives and vine leaves are nice and tasty.
I started on the same health trip and I do a good 20 minutes cardio on a treadmill running on an incline .It is the incline rather than the speed that helps to burn fat and build muscle.I then do 20 minutes of toning and some weights on my arms.
For the arms there is a very effective pilates exercise
ask an instructor at the gym but heres a brief description

go onto a mat on all fours.
legs a ood few inches apart so your knees are inline with your hips
your torso must be inline with the hips ( dont bend toward the ground)
tense your tummy muscles
place your hands on the ground.
they must be placed directly underneath your breast bone and should only be an inch or two apart.
now slowly lower your body weight onto your arms and bend your elbows.
when bending your elbows make sure they dont stick out to the side but back in towards your body.( its clearer when you are doing it)
your back must be straight at all times and be careful not to slouch your shoulders
take 3 seconds to push yourself down and four to come back up.
repeat 8 times

believe me 8 is enough in one go, rest and repeat as desired.
you know when you are doing it right because its very very hard

Drink copiously until you do something really really awful while drunk. Become so scared of yourself that you start exercising rigorously twice a day and avoid all alcohol, smokes and fatty or processed foods. Works for me.

There are no bad foods, only bad relationships with food.

Finding the right diet ( as in 'set of eating habits' rather than 'restrictive regime' ) will really depend on your existing relationship with particular foods, or with food in general. If chocolate is your downfall, don't cut it out completely because it won't stop being your downfall, and no matter what you do, your desire for that delicious, creamy, cocoa-y brown gold will hang over you like the grim spectre of death, death by drowning yourself in its sweet, luscious embrace.

Wait, were was I?

Uh. Yeah.

Anyway, don't force yourself to eat shit you don't like. If you're not a fan of most 'healthy' foods, find out abotu some you haven't tried before, and you might like them. The dislike of 'healthy' foods often comes from negative childhood associations -- and the fact that many Irish people's experience with 'healthy' food appears to be based on food that has been executed by being boiled to death. So find foods about which you have no associations and build them into your diet. Don't make them the backbone of the whole thing, just a way of introducing healthy food and making it exciting.

Think about foods you like and rate them in your head as to how healthy they are. The ones that are healthy or relatively so, you can have all the time, and the ones that aren't, just have occasionally.

Sometimes your eating and exercise habits will fall apart, like mine have over the last week. Don't sweat it. You'll probably have days that would make Gillian McKeith shit herself. But remember this: Gillian McKeith would shit herself no matter what you ate.

I try to eat healthy, but I still have massively fat arms and am about 10 pounds more than I would like to be. If not 15. And no matter how much I exercise or try to be healthy, my face is still fat and my arms are still massive. Even when I was lighter than this and had no hips and couldn't buy any skirts because the smallest sizes fell off me, I still had the shoulders of a linebacker.

.... no matter how much I exercise or try to be healthy, my face is still fat and my arms are still massive. Even when I was lighter than this and had no hips and couldn't buy any skirts because the smallest sizes fell off me, I still had the shoulders of a linebacker.

this is the mental image I conjured up when I read that

nice_lady_body_builder_ugly_woman_funny_picture_funfry_resize.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back