the healthy thread (3 Viewers)

Works for me.

Cut out crisps entirely
Cut out chocolate mostly.
Replace with fruit
Avoid 'ready' meals - no matter how nice they are.

Eat smaller portions.
Eat plenty vegetables.
Don't eat after 8pm unless it's a snack.

I've never been to a gym in my life - have seen too many lives and families destroyed by them.
Walk plenty.

I'm going to take up cycling again.
And return to the badminton arena in the autumn, 20 years after I retired undefeated to go and work in a supermarket after school so I could have record money.

I'd say there both pretty similar. Lala and monica that is.
what??????

you're crazy!!!!

but thanks and all!

Are you nuts? There is nothing to burn here and curvy is good unless you want to have sex with a man.

http://www.instacritic.com/images/monica_belluci_56.jpg

fuck she's hot.

did you hear about that health nut who went on tv and said that chick from american idol was fat and a bad role model? this girl is so normal looking it was shocking her body aroused this kind of reaction.

I've never been to a gym in my life - have seen too many lives and families destroyed by them.

Gymocide is always so sad..

I ate a large rare steak before bed last night. I was woken up about an hour later by what I can only describe as a mule-kick in my stomach.

A mate of mine has lost 2 stone on Weight Watchers, I think it's really good if you're actually very overweight - I suspect you're not though?

There's no point in actually going on a "diet", cause once you stop "dieting" you put more weight on than you had to begin with. Just ask my hips. You have to change the way you eat and exercise permanently.

GI principles are very sensible, all to do with keeping your body satisfied and energised without having peaks and troughs of energy that make you reach for the crisps. But don't think of it as a diet, it has to be a permanent change.

I'm not exactly practicing what I preach though, I've just had 6 (6!!!!) chocolate nougat thingies which would be completely forbidden on the GI diet.

I find cycling a really good way of getting fit, especially if you have a decent length of a cycle to work, cause you don't have to make time to do it. I do pilates twice a week too, good for toning up bits that are difficult to tone up otherwise. Gym bores me silly.

Dancin' and shaggin' are both excellent ways of exercising as well of course :)

A mate of mine has lost 2 stone on Weight Watchers, I think it's really good if you're actually very overweight - I suspect you're not though?

There's no point in actually going on a "diet", cause once you stop "dieting" you put more weight on than you had to begin with. Just ask my hips. You have to change the way you eat and exercise permanently.

GI principles are very sensible, all to do with keeping your body satisfied and energised without having peaks and troughs of energy that make you reach for the crisps. But don't think of it as a diet, it has to be a permanent change.

I'm not exactly practicing what I preach though, I've just had 6 (6!!!!) chocolate nougat thingies which would be completely forbidden on the GI diet.

I find cycling a really good way of getting fit, especially if you have a decent length of a cycle to work, cause you don't have to make time to do it. I do pilates twice a week too, good for toning up bits that are difficult to tone up otherwise. Gym bores me silly.

Dancin' and shaggin' are both excellent ways of exercising as well of course :)

it's the peaks and troughs bit i can't stand.

i just had a packet of crisps from the fucking vending machine!!!11:mad:

i do want to begin the GI in earnest though - i think you're right about making an actual lifestyle change as opposed to a temporary one.

the dancing and shagging i will aim to do more of. :rolleyes:

it's the peaks and troughs bit i can't stand.

i just had a packet of crisps from the fucking vending machine!!!11:mad:

i do want to begin the GI in earnest though - i think you're right about making an actual lifestyle change as opposed to a temporary one.

the dancing and shagging i will aim to do more of. :rolleyes:

Seriously, stay away from anything that's been deep fried.

I cut out all alcohol for the last six weeks, has really made a difference too (along with my running, swimming, resistance stuff).

plenty of fruit and veg.
no soft drinks is a HUGE thing. Regular Coke is a fucking killer.

I'm getting locked on Friday though. Probably on two pints.

The Gym is REALLY fucking boring though, i agree. And it's full of pricks. UTTER pricks. I try not to classify myself as one of those pricks but just even being there makes me feel like a prick.
Those speedo/wifebeater/muscle-bears looking at themselves in the endless mirrors.

The majority of them insist on members paying by direct debit – i.e. the matter is taken out of the person’s control and given to the gym. A direct debit is an agreement between the originator and the customer.

Gyms are the worst offenders when it comes to ignoring requests for direct debit cancellations. I have seen examples of where they continually originate debits on people who are no longer members. On other occasions they have debited a full annual subscription in one go as opposed to monthly.

End result: people are left without funds in their account due to these chancers.
Of course they get their money back in the end.
But there’s a lot of short term hassle involved as you can imagine.

the gym is a bitch. but, i just put in my earphones and get on with it. the gym i go to is out where i work and I go at around 3 in the afternoon so it's quieter - mainly old people, actually.
i would much rather walk or jog outside but it's way too hot and humid.
swimming i aim to do most evenings after work. it's amazing how once you get into it it becomes a habit. i always used to be so anti gym but now im beginning to feel and sleep better, i cant not go.

i wish i could just click my fingers though furgodssake!!

The majority of them insist on members paying by direct debit – i.e. the matter is taken out of the person’s control and given to the gym. A direct debit is an agreement between the originator and the customer.

Gyms are the worst offenders when it comes to ignoring requests for direct debit cancellations. I have seen examples of where they continually originate debits on people who are no longer members. On other occasions they have debited a full annual subscription in one go as opposed to monthly.

End result: people are left without funds in their account due to these chancers.
Of course they get their money back in the end.
But there’s a lot of short term hassle involved as you can imagine.

just realised my old 'gym' has been taking 40e a month out of my account even though my account finished in March.
I am stupid.
And 124e overdrawn.
Sigh.

i quit my gym seeing as im leaving the country but i also made sure a few weeks before I did to go to the bank and tell them to stop the payments - just to be sure.

I should have done that, I know I'm in the wrong....I'm such a fucking eejit. How did I not notice? I'm always living hand to mouth, seriously.

me too - hand goes into crisp packet, hand delivers contents to mouth. seriously.

but no - if you are worried, tell the bank to stop that payment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back