The Gareth Brooks thread (1 Viewer)

Crapping all over the place, attacking the guards..... Its worst than a UB40 gig,

in fairness there haven’t been any reports of attempted assassinations... yet

in fairness there haven’t been any reports of attempted assassinations... yet

Honestly, how much worse could being shot in the head be compared to listening to UB40?

I had a friend when I was growing up whose big idea when we were teens was to organise a 'fake' UB40 concert and then kill everyone that showed up

This was at a time when people could say "I hate scumbags" and you'd know what they were talking about and no one would challenge it

The plan included him walking around among the bodies and shooting any survivors in the head

This man is now quite a senior Gard

I had to walk home through the sea of human scum on Friday night, along a North Strand Road that has had the pavement on my side greatly reduced in size due to the roadworks. There were a fair few fucking morons that got shouldered the fuck out of the way.

I had to walk home through the sea of human scum on Friday night, along a North Strand Road that has had the pavement on my side greatly reduced in size due to the roadworks. There were a fair few fucking morons that got shouldered the fuck out of the way.
That reminds me of the time I had to walk past people queueing outside Trinity Ball.

Last edited:
Just seen a convoy of events logistics trucks heading for croke park this morning. Thought of you @seanc

And it’s all over for another 10-15 years until the fucker needs another kidney or a bunker in New Zealand

I caught ‘friends in low places’ drifting up on the breeze last night

Just seen a convoy of events logistics trucks heading for croke park this morning. Thought of you @seanc

And it’s all over for another 10-15 years until the fucker needs another kidney or a bunker in New Zealand

Have to clarify here:

I don't usually do that rock 'n' roll roadie-but-a-local type stuff. Usually, in that particular venue, I'm sub-hired by the company that the venue has contracted when that contractor is busy. And we turn the last show into the next show. It's Production, thank you very much.

The guys and gals who do the actual box-pushing/truck-loading on the big gigs tend to come from an agency which hires people who've just come out of prison/rehab/mental health facilities/long term unemployment. And fairplay to them, but they are a strange bunch. I am not usually amongst them, only once actually on that massive show I mentioned before actually. It was logistically and anthropologically interesting.

That sounds snobby or something, but honestly I think I am on a slightly higher tier. The big touring Actual roadie technicians/tour managers are good at dealing with this mob. They don't like it when someone who's usually required to think at work comes along (i.e. me).

afaik, the Irish/Dublin equivalent of this industry is that it's a bit of a closed shop. Probably better.

5 euro says he'll be back within 5 years

he's the David Gray/Charlie Landsbory of our times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back