The Fall - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Ostensibly they're not arresting him because they want him to lead them to the kidnap victim. If they nab him, he has no incentive to tell them where she is. I get that part. It just feels like all this chasing and then they have him, but no catch.

My feeling is that they want us to be watching the psycho-sexual elements moreso, and the procedural elements are more of a backdrop, but who knows?

The rationale is that they hope he will lead them to the missing girl

but yeah, I agree..it's not working
There was a really stupid line from John Lynch's character, when Gibson was following Spector and his wife in the car, and Lynch says something like "don't lose him, he may lead us to Rose Stagg". I just thought that was very poor.
Lynch's character is an irritating bastard. Every time he crops up to say something, I feel like saying "keep up you dozy cunt"!!

Right. Yes. Sorry.

It felt clumsy. She's a PhD and just made out with her in a bar. It's like something a 19-year-old might say.
No I agree with you, I wasn't being arsey. So many lines of dialogue in the last few episodes have left me rolling my eyes. It's gotten very slack compared to how it started IMO.

No I agree with you, I wasn't being arsey. So many lines of dialogue in the last few episodes have left me rolling my eyes. It's gotten very slack compared to how it started IMO.

It was a great set up, in fairness.
Bit of sexy in the bar, with danger waiting above.

The 80s version of The Day of The Triffids on BBC4 on Sunday night is fantastic by the way

just saying

And Spector is increasingly acting like a Hollywood all-action spy – nicking cars complete with keys from outside open front doors, conveniently stealing access-all-areas staff cards from hotel kitchens which have also pinned up Stella Gibson’s room number for him, breaking into the DSI’s room and reading her secret dream diary, spying on her from inside a massive wardrobe.

Can I just add that he broke into a top police person's computer and changed her desktop photo.
That would probably take me a bit of time on my own laptop.

this show has turned into an awful pain in the hole. an extra couple of episodes onto season 1 and you could have had yourself a nice little well put together/one season/whole shebang series.

and the bait for the next episode is a piece of evidence they did fuck all with when they found a rubbing of it half way through the first season. and anyway, they don't need any more fucking evidence now, they just follow the git in their cars

Pretty sure you're all missing the point here. Life is suffering, so we may as well take some pleasure from the suffering.

I don't think they're doing a good job of making it work. The symmetry between what Gibson and Spector are up to. Maybe they are. I dunno.
It's just the plot holes and the WTF moments kind of break the spell a bit.

I thought it was sloppy the other week but watched the latest one tonight and thought it was deadly. I had this awful feeling last week that she was going to become really weak and start trying to cover up the fact he'd been in the room or wrote in the diary.

Eric Cantona is great in it though, isn't he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back