The eccentrics/weirdos of Dublin city hall of fame thread (1 Viewer)

His name is Woody. John Murphy who drinks in the Foggy, right? Visually awesome character, people always laugh at his default name! Anyway he's 46 this year - "same age as Sean Penn". Would consider him a friend, haven't seen him in a while. Hasn't been to the cinema since they stopped you smoking inside! Loves 'Rumblefish'. And Good Charlotte.

We have to be thinking of the same guy. I did a fas photography course with him last year. Very moody when he's off the drink...
He developed some bad habits, like not drugs but paranoia.

Did you know him on an intimate level too? His knowledge of punk is deplorable. He's only ever heard the Moby version of 'that's when I reach for my revolver'! He hates Wire! He loves Peter Tosh - "Bob Marley kicked him out because he was too good"! He's got the OCD, the ADD, the HDAD and any other number of compulsive orders. His lists are fascinating!

Gee, it feels a bit like I'm taking the piss. I'm not. I really like the guy. He was the only person on our fas course who managed to get full time work and he hardly ever came in!

Hilarious footnote about John - he once sold Ian MacKaye Fugazi t-shirts. Now top that folks!
He done DJ in Eamon Dorans one night and it was meant to be Punk dj'ng and he pld crap and unpunk stuff and I got into a row with him......I know him a bit too.
He'd be more into the 70's punk then anything 80's and onwards Punk.

aaa.jpg

aidan fucking walsh.

hes an absolute knob jockey of the highest order.

his only claim to fame was that at one stage in the early 80's he managed my bloody valentine. the rest of his career he spent schmoozing with dave fanning, gerry ryan and a whole host of rte felchers.

master of the universe my hole.

TIMMY!

ah hes not like that at all, hes just an illiterate twit who knows how to play people, honestly. ive dealt with the guy before and know many people who've deal with him and hes no special olympic when he wants to be.

aidan fucking walsh.

hes an absolute knob jockey of the highest order.

his only claim to fame was that at one stage in the early 80's he managed my bloody valentine. the rest of his career he spent schmoozing with dave fanning, gerry ryan and a whole host of rte felchers.

master of the universe my hole.

Anyone ever hear his album?

that's paul, he's only a sweetheart. i worked with him for years in d'arcade. :heart: .|..|

Yeah, he's a lovely guy, haven't seen him in years. Hehe, can't believe he came up in this thread.:p

Anyone ever hear his album?

I have it somewhere, don't know how I got it though.
Anyone seen the film, oh god.. It's...well... disturbing

does anyone remember this guy who used to always be at gigs about 12 years ago? Black, or maybe half caste, with glasses and huge fat long dreads? He'd always be at hardcore /post hardcore gigs. I saw him at something recently and was most surprised that I had completely forgotten all about his VERY EXISTENCE.

he lives in galway now. been doin some postgrad degree for years and years. very into his tunes. he's probably actually on thumped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back