The eccentrics/weirdos of Dublin city hall of fame thread (5 Viewers)

Speaking of arseholes though, the guy who lives in the squat on Abbey St, just beside the Epicurean.

To top it all off, when I was at a gallery opening on Thomas St a few months ago he was there chatting to a friend of mine. When my friend introduced him to me, the fucker punched me in the jaw. He's great.

ha ha i would have paid to seen that... hang on a minute that incident sounds familiar...

-flashback-
new york
avenue B
library bar
multi long island ice teas and shots.....

ahhhhhh yeah. seen that scenario already ;):D

back to eccentricity - empowering nutcases

old grey haired shakey lady who usually sits outside the church down the narrow sidestreet off grafton street (that brings you out by back of powerscourt centre).

when she goes into collection mode there isnt a soul who doesnt reach for their pocket. the woman must be nearly 80 and can barely walk, shuffling along gripping her wheelie buggy/trolley/housebag in front of her for balance. stops. extends a wizzened parkinsons style boney shaking hand (not parkie the bbc presenter the other one. the condition) with a cup in it and doesnt say a word just fixes you with her helpless doe eyed steely stare. all you need is a voiceover saying "would you let this happen to your grandmother?"

crying.man.jpeg

Anyone ever come across that relatively well dressed late fifties bloke who walks a circle around Trinity and sometimes Thomas St just saying 'hello' to everyone as if it was a rural town?

If that's who I think it is I used to know him when i worked in a newsagents in temple bar. I think his name is Patrick, he has a brother in england who he is always saving up to go see. Enters the lotto all the time because 'you never know' although the most he ever won was a hundred euro. Very nice man, very sad life story but if you meet him on the street and he knows you he'll start talking to you, run out of conversation after a minute but WON'T GO AWAY.

also, anyone ever talked to Aidan Walsh on the phone? jesus, it goes on forever. He once convinced my uncle to write his biography although he 'never got round to it'.

oh hokey cokey

I saw her today. She looked like she hated me.

wait until she corners you. she used to engage me in long conversations when i was in the arcade and i couldnt exactly go anywhere....so i had to listen - sometimes for AN HOUR - to her relationship woes and whatnot.

Isn't she the lady who likes to flash her tits along the canal?

eh.....not that i've ever seen! she's an artist and wears bright clothes. her make up is a bit interesting. she hates her ex boyfriend even though she;s still in love with him but she really does hate him.

eh.....not that i've ever seen! she's an artist and wears bright clothes. her make up is a bit interesting. she hates her ex boyfriend even though she;s still in love with him but she really does hate him.

I'm pretty certain its her unless there's another eccentric who looks extremely like her.

Ps I've always been better with numbers than words;)

yeah you're dead on the money moose.
knew id seen that face before.
i always see her crossing o connell bridge onto westmoreland st.
nothing like a smile, too much red lipstick and a flash of her tits to put a spring in yer step.

He's probably not a weirdo but I see this guy a lot in town and he always gives me the nod as if we're mates, which I think is deadly.

White bloke in his late thirties/early forties, usually wearing blue denim jacket and tight jeans. Big mad afro type black hair. Looks happy all the time. My mate calls him 'The King'. I'd love to know his real name.

He's probably not a weirdo but I see this guy a lot in town and he always gives me the nod as if we're mates, which I think is deadly.

White bloke in his late thirties/early forties, usually wearing blue denim jacket and tight jeans. Big mad afro type black hair. Looks happy all the time. My mate calls him 'The King'. I'd love to know his real name.

Its Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back