The eccentrics/weirdos of Dublin city hall of fame thread (1 Viewer)

Anyone who drinks in Grogan's.

There's a guy in his 60s there who seems to be a permanent resident. He used to have long hair but chopped it off of late methinks. He always tells old war stories of hanging around with the Stones, the Kinks, the Who etc. Wait, maybe it's BP Fallon.

He was there outside Lidl every morning around 8.30am up until September. After that I'm not sure as it's no longer my way to work.

He's an evil looking fucker that one. Nice one on the drawing, Osama! He's wearing a trench coat these days. Extremely shifty looking man.

There's another couple around the Thomas St area. One is a little shambly Jakey, always around about 9am. In his fifties, I think he's from the North. Very nice man. Sometimes I cry when I see him.

There's another bloke in his late thirties/early forties with dreads and he wears what look like pajama bottoms a lot. Again, a very pleasant person altogether.

That paint sniffing woman a few people mentioned. I think it's the same woman from years and years ago that my friends used to call Jeanie. They used to sing

::clef:: I dream of Jeanie, with the metallic gold paint::clef:: .

Being from Drimnagh, I can rattle off a plethora of locals with very outstanding characteristics. there used to be a lot of them round that way.

There's another bloke in his late thirties/early forties with dreads and he wears what look like pajama bottoms a lot. Again, a very pleasant person altogether.

Shell suit and leather jacket?

Shell suit and leather jacket?

Yeah, kind of an eighties style leather jacket (my brother, who lived in South Africa for nearly twenty years would think of this type of jacket as the height of fashion and would often wear his with his bermuda shorts!!). He seems to be a nice guy to me. Ive given him a few smokes on me way to work.

Yeah, kind of an eighties style leather jacket (my brother, who lived in South Africa for nearly twenty years would think of this type of jacket as the height of fashion and would often wear his with his bermuda shorts!!). He seems to be a nice guy to me. Ive given him a few smokes on me way to work.

Never spoke to him but he seems to keep himself busy.

"Ignatius Reilly", the rotund chap with the walking stick. People who work in bookshops will know him well. Big into the Royal Family.

anybody know 'johnny beep beep' from malahide?..

not to mention pomp . Meg saw him in town sitting in the middle of a path holding a naked barbie doll and shouting 'ken' at people, or something. He's also added 'Pomp and chocolate' to his graffiti assualt on malahide.

Id also like to know more about that lad whose pants fell down on the bus when he was hugging the poor woman he'd insisted on egaging in conversation, and who regularily sidles up and takes a can from the six yo've put up on the counter in the off licence, right in front of your face. I like that guy. Sometimes let him take it, sometimes not.. When you ask him to put it back he gives you a big toothy grin and says 'caught in the act', pats your arm with camaraderie and walks on out

That ever cheerful, always catches people out but is also super-racist ticket-conducter at tara street.

hate him.

does anyone remember this guy who used to always be at gigs about 12 years ago? Black, or maybe half caste, with glasses and huge fat long dreads? He'd always be at hardcore /post hardcore gigs. I saw him at something recently and was most surprised that I had completely forgotten all about his VERY EXISTENCE.

Stevo. Used to DJ for DARC and famously fell asleep mid broadcast treating people to a night of broadcasted snoring.

ANYONE HERE KNOW IF ANY-BOBS IS STILL UP ON THOMAS STREET??

A LINGUISTIC PIONEER.

anybobs.jpg

HE'S KNOWN TO WORK HUESTON STATION TOO.

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!!

Ha! I pass him every day. He stands at a corner on Meath st. " have you got a fat one for me" hurhurhurhur

"Ignatius Reilly", the rotund chap with the walking stick. People who work in bookshops will know him well. Big into the Royal Family.

Jesus! Forgot about him. I think his name is George. I had a very scary Uncle Monty & I moment with him when I was working in The Winding Stair bookshop. Yikes.

I think that might be a woman we used to see around Capel Street. Myself and Lavajo saw her walking around in the freezing cold in boots that were about 3 sizes too big and no socks on. We went home (just live around the corner) and picked her up some gloves/scarf/socks (all either clean or brand new). I think she took some stuff, but refused some too.

"Sure I never wear them" she said in relation to the socks. Man, it was fucking FREEZING outside.

took this on my phone ages ago.
DSC00168.jpg

I think that might be a woman we used to see around Capel Street. Myself and Lavajo saw her walking around in the freezing cold in boots that were about 3 sizes too big and no socks on. We went home (just live around the corner) and picked her up some gloves/scarf/socks (all either clean or brand new). I think she took some stuff, but refused some too.

"Sure I never wear them" she said in relation to the socks. Man, it was fucking FREEZING outside.

I'm ashamed to admit that I gave her the nickname Granny Piss Pants amongst my housemates a few years ago. Not very kind I know, but when she gets on the 123 bus.... oh man...Jesus does she clear it.

I'm ashamed to admit that I gave her the nickname Granny Piss Pants amongst my housemates a few years ago. Not very kind I know, but when she gets on the 123 bus.... oh man...Jesus does she clear it.

shes a regular seat shifter on the 123.
i almost puked one time she sat beside me.
burnt hair, wheetabix and piss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back