The eccentrics/weirdos of Dublin city hall of fame thread (1 Viewer)

What about that guy who's possibly a young lad, or maybe just looks like a young lad and he's always roaring along with some busker at the top of grafton street. He has a huge voice like he's trying to be operatic but he's not so hot on hitting the right notes. There's often a man with acoustic guitar playing and singing oasis/beatles/busker songs and this guy just standing next to him roaring. I have seen him with other buskers too. What's his deal?

There's an old lady that looks eerily the crazy Ellen Burstyn from Requiem for a Dream that feeds the pidgeons/seagulls at bridge on the Royal Canal at the intersection of Dorset St and Whitworth Road every morning around 8.30.

523.jpg

Up to 100 of the feckers all flock around when she arrives, swooping down and often landing on her. Looks like she's talking to them or something too, never around long enough to figure out what the deal is.

What about that guy who's possibly a young lad, or maybe just looks like a young lad and he's always roaring along with some busker at the top of grafton street. He has a huge voice like he's trying to be operatic but he's not so hot on hitting the right notes. There's often a man with acoustic guitar playing and singing oasis/beatles/busker songs and this guy just standing next to him roaring. I have seen him with other buskers too. What's his deal?

the loudness of his voice is impressive but he's still a bit annoying. not as annoying as show off guitarists busking with amps

does he wear a velvet jacket and have a quiff?and his face goes all red when hes shouting?i hate that guy..when i worked in golden discs he used to stand outside all day every day..drove me up the wall..so i started ringing the guards on him..cos i jsut couldnt put up with it anymore..hes not even singing like..

theres a guy who goes around loads of record shops called tony..he wears a tracksuit and loves elvis and sometimes smells of piss...my rhythm records days were filled with him asking me to play different tapes and songs like i was a fucking dj..he always made me feel a bit sad though..until the day he brought his girlfriend in with him and started almost riding her in the middle of the floor..

oh and i was in tower the other day and saw this guy up at the counter listening to music and i swear to god he used to come into golden discs every mornign and listen to music for about 2 hours..and he would just pick the most random cds..its nice to see that he continues on with his little routine..

if we're all talking about the same guy hes about 28..

Not sure if it is.

And...I posted it here before but I think he deserves his proper place in the hall of fame:

The rotund middle aged man I saw sitting baldly by the molly malone one day with a superman logo t shirt on, his arms folded, pipe ever present in his mouth, thick glasses on and a blank expression... and a crappy keyboard on a stand in front of him with the demo playing.

The most amount of eccentrics/characters i've seen in the same room was in the Gravediggers pub of a Sunday not too long ago.

ah that's the blonde bat! years ago at a phil kay stand up gig in the funnell he ripped the absolute shit out of him and started making jokes about him having a strip of welcome mat on his head. ahaha

This guy sat behind me on a bus from Beauvais airport to Paris about 5 years ago with a very attractive goth girlfriend. My other half was starving and there was some kinda truck drivers protest so we were on the bus for about 3 hours. Yr man asked if he could borrow our map and I had to restrain Paul from asking him if he had any food in return for a look at our map.

The manchild?It is hard to say if he is 14 or 34, he does loads of trilling of notes n stuff. He was singing yesteday the other week and it took me about 2 mins to work out what he was singing cos he was jazzing it up so much. I also heard him chatting up women on grafton street after the ladies mini marathon

Here Galways heads - ever see some little ravaged looking old man who goes around making a noise like a boat engine? He scared the bollocks out of me once.

theres a guy who goes around loads of record shops called tony..he wears a tracksuit and loves elvis and sometimes smells of piss...my rhythm records days were filled with him asking me to play different tapes and songs like i was a fucking dj..he always made me feel a bit sad though..until the day he brought his girlfriend in with him and started almost riding her in the middle of the floor..

Do you reckon he was trying to make you jealous?

he fancied my boss' wife..so much so that one day he asked her to take her knickers off..then he was kicked out of the shop for the day to learn a lesson..but the next morning he was back in ,once again mistaking me for larry fucking gogan..'will ya play this song'..'will ya play this song'..
JUST GIVE THE £4 AND GET THE FUCK OUT YA MENTALIST...I DON'T DO FUCKING REQUESTS

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back