The eccentrics/weirdos of Dublin city hall of fame thread (1 Viewer)

Speaking of arseholes though, the guy who lives in the squat on Abbey St, just beside the Epicurean. Makes all that bullshit metal sculpture rubbish, paints his doorway in those horrible green and orange swirls and stands there staring out as he blares classical music to attract attention to himself. I walk past him to work nearly everyday and he makes my blood boil.

To top it all off, when I was at a gallery opening on Thomas St a few months ago he was there chatting to a friend of mine. When my friend introduced him to me, the fucker punched me in the jaw. He's great.

Arty cunts can fuck off.

Anyone know that wiry angry-looking fucker who used to lurk outside the Stags Head in a pair of baggy trousers with the arse hanging down his knees and a silly hat, sucking on a dogend like his life depended on it?

Speaking of arseholes though, the guy who lives in the squat on Abbey St, just beside the Epicurean. Makes all that bullshit metal sculpture rubbish, paints his doorway in those horrible green and orange swirls and stands there staring out as he blares classical music to attract attention to himself. I walk past him to work nearly everyday and he makes my blood boil.

To top it all off, when I was at a gallery opening on Thomas St a few months ago he was there chatting to a friend of mine. When my friend introduced him to me, the fucker punched me in the jaw. He's great.

Hahahaha (sorry), did he give any explanation for punching you?
He's not a bad guy, he's just a bit eccentric and has had a tough time of it living in that gaff.

there's an aulfella who sits at a bench in donnybrook who has shit all down the back of his legs and gives the finger to passing motorists

unsung hero.

the guy in the brown suit in rathmines who just looks angry and wanders around getting aggro

bottom_1.jpg

is this the guy who sells tayshurts outside the wollenmills? if so, round about 93 or so my sister and I were crossing the hapenny bridge and passed him, as our paths converged, he leaned over and whispered 'bodycount' into her ear.

the same.

saw him in Fibbers a few times around the time Bodycount LP was popular and Cop Killer / Bodycount were being caned by the DJ - his mate from Borderline with the long hair. He may have been moshing.

Anyone know Jake, well, that's not his real name...
Soup man we called him.
Sits in Cornucopia licking all the soup out of the bowl and putting all his sugar packets in a row. Carries around lots of newspapers and magazines and tries to give people them.
Wears a wu-tang clan jacket.

Or that guy with the hawian shirt and the sleveless sheepskin jacket and silly hat with ear-flaps. also a coffee-shop frequenter, frequentee... frequentist...?

Dont know if shes been discussed but I always see this mad woman on the way to Temple Bar from O'Connell street just before the bridge whos like performing chants/Curses and rituals on the ground. Feckin weirdo. Mate told me she has a name like "Mad Mary" or something

Terry (not Gerry who is now Tower) who used to work in Comet.

Man Utd fan, earrings, moustached, always irritable. Used carry a Monopoly set under his arm while walking around Rathmines.

Locked a mate of mine in the shop one day at around 6pm and went upstairs for half an hour.

had completely forgot about Terry - now there was someone who had a really winning way with customer service. didnt he also used to run a stall in that market in rathmines?

hadnt realised yer man Steve the crustie with the dreadlocks was still around - he's scottish and arrived over here in early 90s with dinasour jr. they kept going, he didnt. i think he used to do some sort of pirate radio show?

that art messer on middle abbey st next to the epicurean - there was an article on him in one of the papers a few weeks ago. turns out the city council have been trying to evict him from there for years but he had some kind of bonkers tenancy arrangement which means he's there until he can turn scrap metal into art no more

and its amazing to see how many weirdos use the 123 bus.

1. The guy that walks around the Liffey St area who always has a mile of bandage wrapped around his head. Always carries a newspaper too.

That guy live in the flat directly across from my bedroom window and I've just taken up spying on him. Cant see in his flat though cause he has those cloudy windows boo. Been living in my place for 3 1/2 yrs and he has always had that bandage...

then there's scabby head. the bald auld guy who has does a french curl on the little bit of a fringe he has, but his head is festering with....brown stuff. i always get sick when i see him

Is he that creepy guy on the 19 who invariably spends the entire journey cursing at the driver, checking out young men and picking his scabby head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back