the customer is always right (4 Viewers)

When ever I go into posher than norm clothes shops I always get the looks of death at my converse cause they are held together with saftey pins and they look like the belong to to a homeless person , but when I go to the counter to pay for things , I always get the look of "what do you think your doing, im better than you". Im going to say to one of the oh so orange ladies some day , "if your so much better than me why the fuck are you working the tills in a clothes shop". And when people in shops are slow , the people in my local shop are fucking retards I went to buy food colouring one day and I was at the till for half an hour because "mary" wanted to hear what "nora" had eaten for dinner the night before whilest ringing up a trolly!!! of shopping in a fucking convinence shop.

FaultyGoods said:
My favourite recent occasion of customer dickheadery was yesterday. I was on the 15 in Terenure Village just approaching the church. A lady waiting to get off the bus says to the driver before he's reached the stop (less than 100 yards from the stop) "Can you let me off here, I have to go to a funeral"- No please of anything and in a very haughty tone. The driver ignored her. Then she said "Well are you going to let me off or not?" quite aggressively. The driver responded that the bus stop was just ahead. Getting off the bus at the she said "Well thanks for nothing, I'm late for a funeral." Everyone else on the bus were rolling their eyes and anyone getting off was thanking the bus driver more zealously than usual.

I think that woman is one of many examples of people in Dublin that don't realise how far manners will get you. Had she asked politely and reasonably to be let off the bus early, the driver probably would have obliged. Honestly, the amount of people I encounter everyday that treat anyone that serves them like the scum of the earth... it bugs me more than anything about this city.

Witnessed a similar thing recently - bus was stuck in traffic and some ruffian asked the bus driver to let him off as he was late for court. Driver refused and the chap started hurling abuse at him. The driver told him he should have gotten up earlier. Like it was the drivers fault the guy was in court.

it's just plain wrong - the customer is not _always_ right
i proved this while getting my lunch today - i said to lady behind the counter "creationism is a very plausible, sensible idea; the scissors sisters are actually a good band and not in the least bit annoying; since i'm so great and everyone loves me, you should be paying me to eat your ciabata*."

it's so easy to prove wrong, you can try it yourself (although that bit * doesn't have to be an innuedo)

"The customer is always right" isn't really a statement to be taken at face value. It's just a recommendation for handling tough customers - never be hostile and always maintain a professional disposition, ie. if someone's a dick, don't treat them like a dick. At the end of the day, being nice and polite to someone who's being very difficult is the best way to gain the upper hand.

I have a junior role in my workplace and this means I invariably have to put up with crap from people who treat my colleagues in senior roles with nothing but charm and respect. It's pathetic more than anything that people take out their problems on the staff with the least authority in a company. One thing I do like to do is offer to inform senior management of someone's grievance as I'm not in a position to take any action. They tend to get embarrassed and back down.

Roisin said:
When ever I go into posher than norm clothes shops I always get the looks of death at my converse cause they are held together with saftey pins and they look like the belong to to a homeless person , but when I go to the counter to pay for things , I always get the look of "what do you think your doing, im better than you".
Roisin, don't be so self-conscious dude. Probably none of them even notice you, they've got their own shit to be thinking about.
I was in the Spar in Phibsboro and I was buying, can't remember, batteries or something, and the guy gave me the wrong sort and I said something like "naw, the smaller ones" and he put on a big pissed-off head and said "well ok but there's no need to be so PATRONISING". How bizarre.

one of the things i regard most highly are good manners. to say please and thank you. its not hard at all, and it does a world of good to all, i truely believe that.

the general levels of rudeness and ignorance i witness or experience on some occassions are truely staggering. one example: if i am entering / leaving somewhere, and someone else is coming in / going out also, i will hold the door for them. its not a conscious thing anymore. but i am really amazed at how (usually shops in the city centre) a whole stream of people will walk through, and not only will they not say "thank you", they wont even fucking look at me. as if i am there as some fucking fixture to hold open the door for them. some people...

Guy i live with works in milano's - a vaguely italian pizza place owned by pizza express - he tells me they got a phone call last night from an irate customer who gave the manager (his missus) a bollocking because they don't have menus in irish.

Some fuckin people eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back