the customer is always right (1 Viewer)

ms.b.haven

(Retired)
yeah right. i work in a job that requires 100% customer satisfaction, we have to be nice, understanding sympathetic and all the rest...but i am sick to the teeth of "customers" who piss all over people and don't return the same fucking respect that we give. question, if you're waiting in a restaurant and you're meal is 20 mins late...who from here would bitch and moan to the poor waitress, and who "might" understand that perhaps,just perhaps they're fucking busy. some people are dragged up and are nothing short of ignorant :( :mad:

Actually, if my meal is 20 minutes late, I will tell the waitstaff. Shit service in this country is really common, and often, they've actually forgotten to put the order in, or by the time you get it, it's cold because they've just left it on the counter.

And if they get fucking pissy with me over the fact that they can't do their job properly, or can't accept that they've made a mistake, then I'll ask to see the management.

I wouldn't demand the kind of results my waitressing job did (I almost got fired once because I forgot to bring someone a straw for their drink), but I remember what it was like to be brought up on a mistake, and I'll tell you, being apologetic was the best way to handle it. Not getting fucking snooty with a hungry person who is paying you to do a job that you should be doing.

Being in a restaurant isn't like showing up on someone's doorstep and imposing on them for a meal. You're there to eat, they're there to bring you the food to eat, and if they don't do their job, then that's not my fault. Anyway, if they're busy because they're understaffed, the best way to let the management know that understaffing is bad for the customers (because they don't care about how the staff feel) is to point out that when people are too busy to serve customers, customers don't come back.

But people in Ireland don't fucking make a peep when they're being fucked in the ass and asked to pay for it anyway, so it will continue to be overpriced and shit service until the end of time.

and what if the fat cunt who's too lazy to cook for themselves is getting snooty with the waitress? that's acceptable i suppose.
jane said:
Not getting fucking snooty with a hungry person who is paying you to do a job that you should be doing.

Some people are cunts. And some people get angry when they try to get decent service, and they are treated with disdain by the staff of the restaurant. Especially when they're hungry, and left sitting there to wait for some inept staff member to come and bring them the wrong order.

I won't go back to a place where the service is shit, but if the restaurant makes a mistake, and they at least make it seem like shit service is an accident, then I'm likely to return, and I'm likely to be really grateful that they admitted they fucked up.

And if they just get pissy and pretend like I'm imposing on them by wondering where my food is, then I am that fat cunt.

If a customer gets pissy, you don't just get pissy back (sometimes you do, sometimes you just throw them out), but you should wonder why they're pissed off. People don't like to be asked to pay money for something, and then the person who provides it doesn't come through. It's like your paying for someone else's mistake, and no one appreciates it.

In the States, if a restaurant fucks up, you get your meal for free. It's a gesture of good will, and it makes people feel like they're not being ripped off. And it doesn't cost the restaurant anything because they've retained a good reputation. Besides, it's still cheaper to eat out in the US, even with tipping.

The only place that's happened is Gruel, where they messed up our order, and then offered a meal for free. Then they rectified the order (so we did still have to pay for it) but gave us free boozes, just for making us wait. And I'll always go back, not for the prospect of free stuff, but because at least I know they'll admit they fuck up, and it won't be the customer who pays for it.

I've waitressed in all kinds of eateries from the crappy old winding stair right up to very expensive restaurants up Baggot Street end of town. I always seemed to earn more tips than other staff members wherever I went and I do believe that this was as a direct result of my ability to handle complaints. In fact, I quite liked when customers complained because it gave me a chance to show them that they were entitled to get what they paid for and people love to be sure that they are not getting ripped off.

If, on the other hand, someone is moaning simply to annoy the waitress, there are ways around making them feel like complete dickheads in front of the people they are dining with by being really patient and rational. Or calling them a fat cunt.

i think people are just happier when they have someone to blame, it makes them feel better about themselves...i totally believe in human error and if a restaurant provides bad service the first time, i wouldn't NOT go back...i'd give them a second chance. everyone has their "off" days. a waitress is a person, who might have a boyfriend issues,or family issues etc that's getting to her on that one day (and don't say you should leave you're problems at home, that's easier said than done). So she's not up to scratch and then some prissy customer decides to complain, gets her in deep shit and she kills herself.....the end

my point is i hate people, they're cunts

aoifed said:
I've waitressed in all kinds of eateries from the crappy old winding stair right up to very expensive restaurants up Baggot Street end of town. I always seemed to earn more tips than other staff members wherever I went and I do believe that this was as a direct result of my ability to handle complaints. In fact, I quite liked when customers complained because it gave me a chance to show them that they were entitled to get what they paid for and people love to be sure that they are not getting ripped off.

If, on the other hand, someone is moaning simply to annoy the waitress, there are ways around making them feel like complete dickheads in front of the people they are dining with by being really patient and rational. Or calling them a fat cunt.

Yeah, some people are just cunts, but most people just feel like they're being ripped off when they're asked to pay for something and, not only do they not get it, but no one admits they aren't getting it.

I got in trouble once when, following a series of crass, graphic comments about my age, physique, etc, and an ass-grab, during all of which I politely tried to deflect the behaviour, I finally broke down and stood up for myself (this was not allowed). The customer called me a 'feminazi' and complained to the owner that he was made to feel bad simply for paying me a compliment with his hands, and I -- again -- almost got fired for not keeping the customers 'happy'.

I eventually did get fired when someone didn't like the way I was driving, followed me to work, and made a huge scene about how although they had never been to the restaurant, now they'd never go. The owner fired me and chased me out, refused to pay me my last wages, and threatened me when I went back for them. That's when not only is the customer not always right, the customer isn't even a customer.

Jesus Jane. That job sounds like a nightmare. Fortunately I never had any custormer lay their hands on me, but I did have staff members grab me on a couple of occasions. One of them got fired, the other one was 'having a laugh'.

Please let it be known that I have never called anyone a fat cunt. But I have asked a lady if she was sure she didn't want diet coke instead of normal coke. I did it on purpose because she'd been cruel to me.

i work for a well-known large company, but customers make it out like i actually own the fucking thing....i get the abuse thrown at me day in day out while some fat baldy exec. scratches his balls in his condo. thanks aoifed

jane said:
Yeah, some people are just cunts, but most people just feel like they're being ripped off when they're asked to pay for something and, not only do they not get it, but no one admits they aren't getting it.

I got in trouble once when, following a series of crass, graphic comments about my age, physique, etc, and an ass-grab, during all of which I politely tried to deflect the behaviour, I finally broke down and stood up for myself (this was not allowed). The customer called me a 'feminazi' and complained to the owner that he was made to feel bad simply for paying me a compliment with his hands, and I -- again -- almost got fired for not keeping the customers 'happy'.

I eventually did get fired when someone didn't like the way I was driving, followed me to work, and made a huge scene about how although they had never been to the restaurant, now they'd never go. The owner fired me and chased me out, refused to pay me my last wages, and threatened me when I went back for them. That's when not only is the customer not always right, the customer isn't even a customer.

You should have sued the fuckers!

sooooo true,ive have witnessed the spitting into food thing
kevin gallen said:
No 1 Rule

Never fuck with someone serving you food

unless you have decided you are not goin to eat it

My favourite recent occasion of customer dickheadery was yesterday. I was on the 15 in Terenure Village just approaching the church. A lady waiting to get off the bus says to the driver before he's reached the stop (less than 100 yards from the stop) "Can you let me off here, I have to go to a funeral"- No please of anything and in a very haughty tone. The driver ignored her. Then she said "Well are you going to let me off or not?" quite aggressively. The driver responded that the bus stop was just ahead. Getting off the bus at the she said "Well thanks for nothing, I'm late for a funeral." Everyone else on the bus were rolling their eyes and anyone getting off was thanking the bus driver more zealously than usual.

I think that woman is one of many examples of people in Dublin that don't realise how far manners will get you. Had she asked politely and reasonably to be let off the bus early, the driver probably would have obliged. Honestly, the amount of people I encounter everyday that treat anyone that serves them like the scum of the earth... it bugs me more than anything about this city.

yes thank you zita, bugs the fuck out of me to coz i'm so fecking nice and polite funnily enough

I hate that "customer is right" stuff. I worked in Sainsburys for a few months and I hated having to be friendly to all the dickhead customers. One guy shouted at me because they didnt have the chocolates he liked in stock. I explained to him that it wasnt my fault and he still shouted. Should have hit him cause I quit the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back