The Christmas (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by spiritualtramp
I bought me brother the hope book for christmas (which was probably due to the relentless promotion on this website ) and the fucking thing fell apart.

he had been reading through it for a grand total of two minutes when the book dissolved in his hands.

Christmas = ruined :mad:

i'm sure it was entirely due to the relentless promotion on the website that the book fell apart.

all that pushin an shuvin

fook me

The christmas is over and i had a oddly nice one, despite an evil toothache due to one of my wisdom teeth deciding it didn't like the direction of one of my other teeth and thought a change would be good. I've also done sommit to myself that has made eating and drinking deeply painful for the last three days, but it seems to be getting better.
On a much better note, my godfather who hasn't given me a present since i made my communion(14 years or so ago) decided to make ammends and gave me a card with a large wad of cash in it which was nice.
I shall mostly be found in various record shops on thursday spending most of it.
.|..| :D

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

I know I did.

But tonight, i go see Bjorn Again.

oh boy.

I had the coolest Christmas day I've had in years. Me and the missus had her family up to ours and cooked the big dinner. By Christ cooking 5 courses for 8 people is hard work but it turned out to be an awful lot of fun (plus a foolproof way of not getting bored on the day)

Originally posted by pete
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

I know I did.

But tonight, i go see Bjorn Again.

oh boy.

well i hope you wont be bjorned.

ho ho

i'm in condition alright

i had an insane christmas

but i had quail for the first time last night.

which was really really good.

yeah, since my glasses went wanko i've been looking slightly less hawtinesque. grew a beard too.

the richie avatar is pushing it a bit to be honest.

a bit like pee pee's betty page picture.

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
according to Eugene Lambert RTE still have 170 episodes on tape, but he fears for the quality of them and they may be unwatchable.

Some do survive and RTE owe us to release them on DVD or VHS for posterity
RTE showed a few episodes, at about four in the morning, a few Christmases ago. So they're definitely out there. Great stuff altogether, there's no experience quite like being reacquainted with old childhood friends. Unfortunately the critical faculties are a little more adept these days, so you quickly notice all the fluffed lines (they had to do everything in one take) and ridiculously stretched-out plot (has to be seen to be believed - they keep filling time by giving you a resumé of what's happened so far, and a quick recap of what's going to happen), and that's before we've got to the, er, "acting". And Eugene's insistence on writing a scene involving him dancing into every episode. Still, has its moments - Billy, how you can remain unmoved by Frank Kelly's wonderfully camp Transylvanian count routine is beyond me

Originally posted by michaelknight
Billy, how you can remain unmoved by Frank Kelly's wonderfully camp Transylvanian count routine is beyond me

Well, okay... granted Frank Kelly's camp count was good. However I was tired and emotional when watching it so naturally I was sceptical and intolerant of gaybos and gaybo acting. I should give it another try - on New Year's Day actually!

Watch out for when he captures Fairy Godmother - he does this wonderful thing with his eyebrows, then does some sort of Caesar Romero impersonation

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back