The Blades appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Stantoclause

What a great band, ive asked a few people at gigs about these and they didnt have a clue who i was on about, these lads are defo one of the best irish bands goin, Ghost of a Chance, Downmarket and The Bride wore white,all classics! Great band!.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|:)

What a great band, ive asked a few people at gigs about these and they didnt have a clue who i was on about, these lads are defo one of the best irish bands goin, Ghost of a Chance, Downmarket and The Bride wore white,all classics! Great band!.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|:)

absoluetely true

hot for you is a cracker too

catch pat larkin drivin a taxi for movie people these days and getting a book published I think!

absoluetely true

catch pat larkin drivin a taxi for movie people these days and getting a book published I think!
Oh yeah another thing, i dont know if its the same pat larkin that filmed this, i think it might be though!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgaGTdlyVR8"]YouTube - its Over The Mosquitoes Dublin[/ame]

Good call. I love Downmarket and Last Man In Europe. Great choons.
Nice one, they are indeed some great songs, i was talking to a lad at punx picnic and he said the blades, what a band, they are the irish version of The Jam, i actually think their better.

they have a "best of" out now

I still need to be reminded that The Partisans that are playing here soon aren't Paul Clearys Partisans

they have a "best of" out now

I still need to be reminded that The Partisans that are playing here soon aren't Paul Clearys Partisans
Alrite, hows it goin, yeah he was in a band called The Partisans also, not as good as the punk band, paul clearys solo stuff isnt as good as The Blades either, i was on a course before and i dont know how true this is but the art teacher told me that Joe"GOD"Strummer played guitar for The Blades at The Trinity Ball one year, i dont know, can anyone clarify this, if its true id say that was one of the best gigs EVER!

Paul Cleary wrote some of the greatest power pop tunes ever but the production on all their stuff is so dingy and eighties sounding it takes from their perfection somewhat. I believe they were incredible live,too young to see them, pity there is no footage about. the promos are up on you tube though.. including 'downmarket' being mimed in the RTE car park!

absoluetely true

Yeah I worked with Pat for a while, I was doing catering for movie folk. Nice bloke. They called him "Hollywood" for some reason.

The Blades were without a doubt one of the best Irish bands of the 1980s.

A few years ago, Reekus Records released their discography with two CDs The Last Man in Europe and Raytown Revisted.

More on The Blades here:
http://irishrock.org/ipnw/bands/blades.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blades_(Irish_band)

5mins documentary:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2001 interview 8mins
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watched that documentary. The clips of music sound too much like the Style Council for me.
Definately suffering from '80's production like Tommy said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back