The Beatles Remasters (1 Viewer)

Is this going a bit too far away from what The Beatles were or has that point been passed long ago?

http://www.thebeatles.com/

Apple and EMI To Release Limited Edition Stereo USB

Following the 9.9.09 debut of the digitally re-mastered catalogue on CD, Apple Corps and EMI Music are pleased to announce the worldwide release of a limited edition of only 30,000 Beatles Stereo USB apples on December 7 (December 8 in North America).

I can't copy the picture, but it looks pretty cool.

Is this going a bit too far away from what The Beatles were or has that point been passed long ago?

http://www.thebeatles.com/

I can't copy the picture, but it looks pretty cool.

£200 for it (About £14 per album). At least they're selling them as Flacs but nice artifact aside that's still wayyyyy to much to be charging for digital files but at least they've got the4 format right.

£200 for it (About £14 per album). At least they're selling them as Flacs but nice artifact aside that's still wayyyyy to much to be charging for digital files but at least they've got the4 format right.

They're Flacs???

That is a great piece of info. Don't know how I missed it.
Thanks.

They're Flacs???

That is a great piece of info. Don't know how I missed it.

Yup ...

from http://www.digitalstores.co.uk/beatles/productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-oKX1JtoPqGy2rgEyqN3IEb-1

A specially designed Flash interface has been installed, and the 16MB USB's audio and visual contents will be provided in FLAC 44.1 Khz 24 bit and MP3 320 Kbps formats, fully compatible with PC and Mac.

I'm sure there's a typo there and they mean 16GB. 24 bit FLAC is actually a higher bitrate than CD isn't it (16 bit)?

Glad the finally got around to sorting out the original dreadfully mixed beatles albums. We wont have to listen to anymore legions of people complaing about the shitty quality of beatles albums. I really think this band could have been huge if they had just bothered to get their albums mastered properly!

hey nnggglllbth.... and others..

me and a mate sometimes discuss what the 'next beatles album' would have been like: it involves grabbing say the 3-4 most beatlesesque songs from each of their solo albums in the year after the beatles broke up and firing it onto a compilation. does anyone know these albums well enough to choose a few from each, i think the idea is interesting but wouldn't know the albums well enough to choose tracks.

Side one
1. Imagine
2. Let Me Roll It
3. My Sweet Lord
4. God
5. Oh Yoko
6. You're Sixteen
7. Band on the Run

Side Two
8. All Things Must Pass
9. Instant Karma
10. Maybe I'm Amazed
11. Another Day
12. Mind Games
13. Gimme Some Truth
14. Every Night

Edit:
Actually, gonna replace Jet with Let Me Roll It after reading that journo's list.

The cds are all €11.99 each in HMV at the moment, 'cept for the White Album which is €19.99. They won't get much cheaper than that.

€11.99 is a fair enough price. It's the Beatles we're talking about here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back