The Beatles Remasters (1 Viewer)

a few albums i've bought two copies of, and just never opened one.

i'd consider reformatting was only valid in the cases of sheet music -> vynil -> cd. most of the stuff in between was either worse or same as, and timed for the christmas market.

costello is despicable for releasing an album, then years later admitting he didn't bother putting 12 songs on it. i'd say with him too, i find maybe 3-4 albums sit really well as albums in the single work of art/piece sense of the word, and a lot of his others are very much 'what i did since last time i was due an album', or 'who i was hanging out with lately'

8 of his first 11 are stone-cold classics, in my opinion, but then I'm a big fan. And some of the bonus stuff on whatever run of reissues I have is well worthwhile. But it went way overboard judging by the amount of reviews I've read of re-issues over the years.

i'd consider reformatting was only valid in the cases of sheet music -> vynil -> cd. most of the stuff in between was either worse or same as, and timed for the christmas market.
takes the hassle out of xmas presents, just get a repackaged version of some oul album. you know they like the album and it looks shiny. perfect.

8 of his first 11 are stone-cold classics, in my opinion, but then I'm a big fan. And some of the bonus stuff on whatever run of reissues I have is well worthwhile. But it went way overboard judging by the amount of reviews I've read of re-issues over the years.

i wouldn't really disagree their not classics. i can even decide which four i thought i was talking about.

I've changed my mind about Paperback Writer. It's really good. Macca will be delighted.

Also, Paul is now my favourite based on the photos on the Abbey Road sleeve. He's clearly been enjoying the culnary rewards that fame brings, judging by his robust thighs and welcoming cheeks. John, on the other hand, is a foreshadowing of his own death, pale and hideously bearded.

Abbey Road is currently testing the limits of my stereo setup. Jesus Christ. Has to be the best remastering job the world has seen. From the highest peak to the lowest trough it takes the breath away. The beauty of it is that it has to be whacked up to be fully appreciated, no redlining anywhere.

Oh, and another thing...why are EMI/Tower (for one) selling rackfulls of the old cds at full price? Hoping to catch the idiots unawares? The 1987 cds should be deleted or sold off at half price or less.

Abbey Road is currently testing the limits of my stereo setup. Jesus Christ. Has to be the best remastering job the world has seen. From the highest peak to the lowest trough it takes the breath away. The beauty of it is that it has to be whacked up to be fully appreciated, no redlining anywhere.

any excuse to blast 'i want you'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back