The Beatles Remasters (1 Viewer)

Funkykitchen

Anybody else listening to them? Its all so beautiful! Such sparkling crystalline goodness.

Just made my way through Peppers' and am about to start Revolver.

Ooh A Day In The Life...

I havr the stereo box ordered, looking forward to hearing them. Reviews so far have been very positive.

Where you listening to them?

Mono or stereo?

Nice to see enthusiasm for 'em. There wasn't too much on this thread

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=71867&highlight=remasters

Ah I didn't see that there was another thread. They're now around the internet, Pepper's, Revolver and Abbey Road on some torrent sites and the ateaseweb forums. A new album pops up every few hours. I could PM you links but to be honest they're not hard to find at this stage.
But yeah, they're great, enjoying them muchly.

Oh and i'm listening to the stereo.

As someone that owns 15+ vers of abbey road I can say with some confidence that not only does this version completely kick ass, but its the best available at this point...

better than the Japanese Toshiba... and the first pressing UK...

Totally amazing...

Also waiting for the MONO box... which is gonna be massive!

Pardon my ignorance but why would you bother with a mono box set rather than the stereo?

The Beatles spent much much more time on the Mono mixes and they're definitive up through and including SGTP.

Example: songs play at the wrong speed and the mixes are missing elements in the Pepper Stereo mix.

They spent 2 weeks mixing the MONO and 2 days Mixing the Stereo.

Plus the Stereo version sound completely bonkers on early records...

Not in the conventional sense I'd agree but it makes for an interesting listening experience on headphones.

yeah, I have two copies of a Toots and the Maytals album, both stereo but one of them is completely all over the place, great on headphones

I like the stereo mix on Revolver (the only Beatles record I'd say I love). Loads of unexpected stuff hard panned one side or the other that you might think would be in the centre.

actually that was the norm for a lot of artists in the 60's and early 70's - bass guitars, snare drums and other wotsits panned hard in either direction was simply how it was done on many occasions
:cool:
leigh

actually that was the norm for a lot of artists in the 60's and early 70's - bass guitars, snare drums and other wotsits panned hard in either direction was simply how it was done on many occasions
:cool:
leigh

Crops up from time to time on modern releases too, Okkervil River's Black Sheep Boy has a lot of all that going on on some songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back