That fucking wedding and that american guy coming over for one pint (max) (3 Viewers)

1257411625.jpg
barack_obama.jpg

we walked in the garden
we planted a tree

00049808-440.jpg

once he has his Guinness we should just chuck him on the nitelink and then he's officially 100% irish

@jane ; is giving out to everyone on twitter about this. It's makes an interesting parallel commentary.

To summarise: people are enjoying it too much.

well thats fucked up. Heres what I said in the post I lost.

Here is some good shit thats happened here in the last while;

- the eurovision
- the queen
- sufjan stevens
- the europa final
- the leinster rugby team
- obama

by 'good shit' I mean shit thats made people happy. Everything is fucked up if you approach it with the perspective of wanting to find something fucked up with it. But the reality is, people are actually happy about this shit and this shit has made this place every so slightly more bearable than the pit of misery its become. And call me a fucking 2-faced cunt if yis like, but fuck knows we need this place to become more bearable. Just look out the fucking window and see the gale thats howling out there. We can sit here waiting for a poxy sunny day, or we can look for good in shit thats fucked up if you want it to be fucked up, or else how about, just this once, we adopt a glass-half-full approach and enjoy the fact that, for whatever reason, people are excited and happy about something, even if that something, or even the fact that people are happy about that something, is not something you're necessarily happy with. Cos thats what I'm doing. I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck about any of the above (apart from sufjan obviously), but its nice seeing people smiling for a change.

Peace and love brothers and sisters of the internets.

it takes a while to re route the synapses to deal with twitter. remember when you were 14 and you got ten texts a minute?? its that all day every day forever.

Brian Aldiss has an official twitter account now so I've decided to be less hostile towards it. Unfortunately it appears to be run by his son but on the upside he is posting as though it was Brian Aldiss himself. Anyway, take this tweet as an example :

How very kind of you! > RT @redrichie: @mkincaidspeller ...I'm reading Non-Stop (Brian Aldiss, of course) at the moment. It's ace, natch. :)

Somebody called redrichie posted a tweet mentioning mkincaidspeller in which redrichie mentioned that he was reading Non-Stop by Brian Aldiss and then Brian Aldiss RETWEETED this post along with the interesting personal comment "how very kind of you!". Have I got that right? Or did redrichie tweet/post/place the tweet/post/writing on mkincaidspeller's wall?

Ah, Scutter does speak sense there. It's nice that, even for this little while, we can have something to be proud of. The Queen enjoyed her visit, there wasn't too much trouble, it's surely helped relations, and we've shown most of us are willing to move on. I hope Obama has a great time too. Sure, it is disruptive to some people (Dublin folk especially) but it's for the greater good!

Ah, Scutter does speak sense there. It's nice that, even for this little while, we can have something to be proud of. The Queen enjoyed her visit, there wasn't too much trouble, it's surely helped relations, and we've shown most of us are willing to move on. I hope Obama has a great time too. Sure, it is disruptive to some people (Dublin folk especially) but it's for the greater good!

that's what they said as they put the jews and gypsies on the trains...

Be kind, Somethingmanic doesn't know what jane used to be like on here.

You lot are putting her across as a pessimistic lunatic...

I wasn't speaking about jane per se. I was talking in general terms.

Jane is great. She and I were good buddies there for a bit before she disappeared off thumped. I'm always interested in what she has to say. Shes never dull and is pretty passionate about stuff. Makes a refreshing chance from those that sit on the fence the whole time (like me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back