Teh Queens Jubiliee (1 Viewer)

I was drinking with a person from south africa not so long ago who said shared this sentiment.
It isn't something to be celebrated and is mostly a great opportunity to remind Irish people she's the queen of a country that wanted us culturally eradicated and we probably don't need to just casually say 'the queen' if we've a bit of self respect left.
there is only one THE QUEEN

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 08.41.06.png

Slightly related and not many people ever seemed to know this, but the now-defunct Civil Service 'privilege day' thing where you got an extra day's leave the day after Easter Monday and St Stephens' Day originally came about either post-independence or after the Ireland Act 1949 (not sure which) since under British rule, State employees would have had a couple of monarch-related days off that they lost. So it was addressed by saying "have a couple of good catholic days instead" or whatever.

Slightly related and not many people ever seemed to know this, but the now-defunct Civil Service 'privilege day' thing where you got an extra day's leave the day after Easter Monday and St Stephens' Day originally came about either post-independence or after the Ireland Act 1949 (not sure which) since under British rule, State employees would have had a couple of monarch-related days off that they lost. So it was addressed by saying "have a couple of good catholic days instead" or whatever.
hey, a day off is a day off. If my job wanted to give me a day off because of 'A' queen (FAO @ann post) I'd take it

didn't the civil service used to also get a half day off one friday a month to go cash their pay checks?

hey, a day off is a day off. If my job wanted to give me a day off because of 'A' queen (FAO @ann post) I'd take it

didn't the civil service used to also get a half day off one friday a month to go cash their pay checks?
no if you were paid by cheque you got half an hour "bank time". Long gone.

Almost as good as Patrick Freyne’s clown bit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not quite the same thing but I know that Boston city employees don't get St Patrick's Day off, instead they get March 17th off - Evacuation Day - the day the British were driven from the city in 1776 by George Washington or whoever.
Adds some spice.

Extremely bad vibes and if you don’t go along you’re seen as a spoilsport. A bunch of weird fuckers the English

Just like the monarchy itself, bright an shiny on the outside, utter darkness at its heart

Bastards
Jesus lads.

A few lizards make it big, and yiz are all hating. Have you seen the state of where most lizards live? It's not all tropical paradises.

Majority of them are choking down flies, the days of tyrannically ruling the planet barely a distant memory.

Extremely bad vibes and if you don’t go along you’re seen as a spoilsport. A bunch of weird fuckers the English

God save history, god save your mad parade…

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back