Tattoo Studio / Tattoo Artists, Dublin (1 Viewer)

i considered doing this way back.What kind of training is involved in this? Are we talking apprenticship, or just spit-shake?

Well to be a tattoo artist you gotta be a good artist to begind with obviously. Invest in some equipment, practice on citrus fruit skin, pig skin from the butchers and you can buy specific products to practice on. When you think you've grasped basic skills see if you have any friends that will allow you to tattoo them.
Make contacts in the circuit, try find someone to take you on board but it's hard enough. It's a rewarding job and potentially very profitable. You can do it if you're really dedicated.

Learning about blood pathogens and anatomy is essential also.

piercing or tattooing?

both require apprenticeships if you've done neither before. getting an apprenticeship is difficult, mainly because the demand for them is high. some people get in with good timing/luck, others begin piercing themselves/friends, go drinking with the lads from a studio and it evolves from there.
reading up on anatomy (particularly the dermis) is handy for piercing.

i always wanted to go into piercing. maybe will one day, but.

i failed to mention that you normally don't get paid as an apprentice.

beans on toast for fodder if you get it, but worth it.

friends of mine all ended up with brands that arose from a very similar situation, but subsitute a heated barbecue fork for the tattoo gun.

a similar thing happened when the magpies were evicted and moved into the dundrum houses. eoin has some funny ones on his arm but the best by far was rob who got "me oul flower" on his. .|..|

-these were tattoos, not brands, mind.

Isn't it funny that after those experiences, everyone involved acts so tough and hard - "what, this little burn? pshaw, twas nothing" - when you know damn well they were probably sobbing and whimpering like a little girl, before, during and after.

Mate of mine went on the lash in bangkok and woke up with a whiskey hangover and "if found, please return to ireland" tattooed in the local lingo along her forearm. At least most westerners won't be able to tell what it says...

karen. ex sacred art. now based in cork.

my two cents. (for the second time).

i like her.

I got a wee sun done on my shoulder ten years ago with Karen hasn't faded at all, she was also really nice.

However I got my leg done in Bali for the same price and it's about ten times more detail/bigger so I'd recommend going to Bali to get your tattoo. Avoid the tourist plaecs in Kuta though.

I got a wee sun done on my shoulder ten years ago with Karen hasn't faded at all, she was also really nice.

i like karen because she's straightforward, there's no bullshit, and her stuff is good.

However I got my leg done in Bali for the same price and it's about ten times more detail/bigger so I'd recommend going to Bali to get your tattoo. Avoid the tourist plaecs in Kuta though.

hehe. have you ever thought about getting a tattoo using the polynesian method? ive been thinking about it for a few years now. i like that it's much more primal. something i'd look into.

i like karen because she's straightforward, there's no bullshit, and her stuff is good.

Yeah I was impressed, none of the bullshit I've gotten from speaking to other Dublin tattoo artists. She's also featured in TIME magazine, how many other Irish tattooists can say that?

hehe. have you ever thought about getting a tattoo using the polynesian method? ive been thinking about it for a few years now. i like that it's much more primal. something i'd look into.

With or without machine? I know very little about it to be honest. I've seriously thought about another trip to Bali whcih would involve a few tattoos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back