Tattoo Studio / Tattoo Artists, Dublin (1 Viewer)

Zeelander

Website
www.myspace.com
Doh, the guy I had an appointment with for this Thursday to get a tattoo can't do it and I don't really fancy getting anyone else in his studio (Classic Ink) to do it. I might though, unless someone can tell me of a particular studio or artist in Dublin that they think are rather good...

Doh, the guy I had an appointment with for this Thursday to get a tattoo can't do it and I don't really fancy getting anyone else in his studio (Classic Ink) to do it. I might though, unless someone can tell me of a particular studio or artist in Dublin that they think are rather good...

What type of work do you want done? Some artists are better at different styles than others. I personally wouldn't want anyone other than Justin in Zulu doing my sleeve for me. He works slow but his work is flawless. I know a few good artists but would be better if you could give some information on what you want done and stuff...

What type of work do you want done? Some artists are better at different styles than others. I personally wouldn't want anyone other than Justin in Zulu doing my sleeve for me. He works slow but his work is flawless. I know a few good artists but would be better if you could give some information on what you want done and stuff...

Heya, it's nothing too complex... Getting two things done actually, although one is very straight forward. The other- I want to get a tattoo of an ornate key on my leg. I have a photo of an actual key to base the tattoo on. No colour work, just a black outline and minimal shading. It won't take a master tattoo artist, but if you know anyone who's good at doing relatively small and intricate stuff, that would be great.

mick from celestial ring is good. he's done a few of my friends. i've been tattooed there before and have always liked the place.

one of the polish brothers in zulu does great blackwork aswell but i can't remember what his name is, been away too long!

mick from celestial ring is good. he's done a few of my friends. i've been tattooed there before and have always liked the place.

one of the polish brothers in zulu does great blackwork aswell but i can't remember what his name is, been away too long!

Yeah, I like Celestial Ring myself. Got my last tat done there, but never went back to get it finished because I liked the line work so much I decided to leave it that way. However, Mick did a huge freehand tribal for a guy I knew and I didn't like it. Part of it looked like a big swastika; whoops.

I reckon I'll probably go to Zulu though as I've never heard a bad word about them

Yeah, I like Celestial Ring myself. Got my last tat done there, but never went back to get it finished because I liked the line work so much I decided to leave it that way. However, Mick did a huge freehand tribal for a guy I knew and I didn't like it. Part of it looked like a big swastika; whoops.

I reckon I'll probably go to Zulu though as I've never heard a bad word about them

cool, who did you go to the first time? i don't know if Mono is still there but her portfolio looked really good.

i'd really recommend one of the poles. the brother who did the samurai sleeve on the other brother is the one i'd recommend.

maeve in celestial ring, if she still works there is good. she did two of mine and a fine job she did.

Celestrial ring isn't as consistent as Zulu. Mono only works from home now as far as I Know and needs to be contacted via mobile. There is a place out in swords called Stigmatau(spelling?) and I haven't heard a bad word said about them two in there either.

Id go for Zulu though

I'm not sure that "never heard a bad word said about them" is the sort of feedback that would qualify someone as a good tattoist. I've never heard a bad word said about that place in Bray, but I know that it's crap.
My suggestion: ask on the BMEzine forums (do you know anyone with an account? I think it's pretty cheap, if you don't) and get some specific advice about people's experiences with Irish tattooists getting similar work to what you're thinking of. Might also be worth thinking about London/the continent considering how cheap it is to get there, and the pool of available talent is a lot bigger. For the sake of an extra €100, it might very well be worth it.

I'm not sure that "never heard a bad word said about them" is the sort of feedback that would qualify someone as a good tattoist. I've never heard a bad word said about that place in Bray, but I know that it's crap.
My suggestion: ask on the BMEzine forums (do you know anyone with an account? I think it's pretty cheap, if you don't) and get some specific advice about people's experiences with Irish tattooists getting similar work to what you're thinking of. Might also be worth thinking about London/the continent considering how cheap it is to get there, and the pool of available talent is a lot bigger. For the sake of an extra €100, it might very well be worth it.

Well how would never seen/heard a bad thing from them sound? Im speaking from experience and know most people in the Irish tattoo circuit.

Going to London sounds extreme to me especially when you consider the type of work he wants done. There are alot of good tattoo artists in Dublin alone.

actually zita, dont rush into it. track down karen (who used to run sacred art) and get her to do it for you. her stuff is amazing. she's based in cork now, but.

want to get a tattoo of an ornate key on my leg. I have a photo of an actual key to base the tattoo on. No colour work, just a black outline and minimal shading. It won't take a master tattoo artist, but if you know anyone who's good at doing relatively small and intricate stuff, that would be great.

that sounds really awesome, and i'd be interested in hearing if you manage to find the right person for it. i intended to get another tattoo this week - of a technical drawing of a chair, so fine lines, intricate, precise, black, minimal shading - but had to put it off because i wasn't well, and i was still dithering a bit about which artist to go with.

personally i wouldn't go to anyone in dublin.. i did some research for a friend who wanted a small tattoo and she ended up going to zulu because it was the only place i didn't hear negative things about, but i wasn't that impressed by the work they did on her. i went to celestial ring for a small tattoo before as well and wasn't overly impressed with them either, even though i've seen great stuff from there before. apart from that one, helen in skullduggery in belfast does all my stuff and even though it's a pain to travel up there i think it's worth it.

whats the general price range of a small tattoo? is it more expensive if its a personal design?

Also, is it true that if a girl gets a tattoo at the base of her spine she can't get an epidural later in life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back