Tattoo Studio / Tattoo Artists, Dublin (3 Viewers)

are you Blub2k4?

if so that's a good advert for zulu.

No i'm not Blub2k4 and think his attitude is a little too know it all and ignorant towards people new to body modification.

He doesn't work in Zulu anyway. Zulu have a good reputation because of the good work they do

personally i wouldn't go to anyone in dublin.. i did some research for a friend who wanted a small tattoo and she ended up going to zulu because it was the only place i didn't hear negative things about, but i wasn't that impressed by the work they did on her. i went to celestial ring for a small tattoo before as well and wasn't overly impressed with them either, even though i've seen great stuff from there before. apart from that one, helen in skullduggery in belfast does all my stuff and even though it's a pain to travel up there i think it's worth it.

What artist did you go to in Zulu and what one did you go to in Celestrial ring? Would be curious as to see what type of work it was too.

My reason for questioning is because there are great tattoo artists in Dublin and I think advising people to travel when they dont have to a bit ridiculus but that may depend on the type of work wanted.

whats the general price range of a small tattoo? is it more expensive if its a personal design?

Also, is it true that if a girl gets a tattoo at the base of her spine she can't get an epidural later in life?

Heard it many times before and never followed it up

It's one for these guys

mythbusters.jpg

What artist did you go to in Zulu and what one did you go to in Celestrial ring? Would be curious as to see what type of work it was too.

My reason for questioning is because there are great tattoo artists in Dublin and I think advising people to travel when they dont have to a bit ridiculus but that may depend on the type of work wanted.
don't know either of their names. ii've seen great work from zulu but the tattoo the guy did on my friend was very hastily executed and didn't pay as much attention to detail as she would have liked. he didn't really discuss the design or placement with her at all, just slapped it on and away he went, and because it was her first tattoo she didn't know any better. that might be fine for some people but i like tattoo artists to actually sit down and discuss exactly what they're going to do first.

the guy in celestial ring might not be there any more, i think he was from holland or belgium or somewhere and he had piercings in his cheeks. i got a tattoo of black lettering and it was patchy as fuck - i know black is tricky but it was a tiny tattoo, only took 20 minutes, he could totally have put more effort into it. i ended up getting it totally redone by helen.

i'm not advising people to travel if they don't want to, but it's my choice to do so and i'm sticking with a tattoo artist that i trust. i have to live with my tattoos for the rest of my life so it's worth the effort to get them exactly how i want them, and helen actually listens to me when i tell her what i want.

No i'm not Blub2k4 and think his attitude is a little too know it all and ignorant towards people new to body modification.

He doesn't work in Zulu anyway. Zulu have a good reputation because of the good work they do

oh ok, I just had a look at the boards.ie stuff and there was aguy getting a sleeve done in Zulu. The line work looked really good.

also if you can handle getting a tattoo on your lower back then i think you're on your way to being able to handle childbirth without an epidural.

don't know either of their names. ii've seen great work from zulu but the tattoo the guy did on my friend was very hastily executed and didn't pay as much attention to detail as she would have liked. he didn't really discuss the design or placement with her at all, just slapped it on and away he went, and because it was her first tattoo she didn't know any better. that might be fine for some people but i like tattoo artists to actually sit down and discuss exactly what they're going to do first.

the guy in celestial ring might not be there any more, i think he was from holland or belgium or somewhere and he had piercings in his cheeks. i got a tattoo of black lettering and it was patchy as fuck - i know black is tricky but it was a tiny tattoo, only took 20 minutes, he could totally have put more effort into it. i ended up getting it totally redone by helen.

i'm not advising people to travel if they don't want to, but it's my choice to do so and i'm sticking with a tattoo artist that i trust. i have to live with my tattoos for the rest of my life so it's worth the effort to get them exactly how i want them, and helen actually listens to me when i tell her what i want.

Sounds like very unprofessional work indeed. You should have went back to complain if you haven't already. Unfortunately there are no regulations in Ireland on tattoos/piercings so some artists can get away with murder. Booking a day/half day off work and making an appointment with the artist should also guarantee more concentration because alot of artists see the weekends as money making walk in days and just go through stuff people pick off the wall asap.
Having white spotting or patchy work on a black tattoo is a sign of an inexperienced artist not consistenly breeching the skin at the correct depth. I've had to have work by Dim(Snakebite) touched up on a solid black ECG line on the inside of my right wrist and I don't believe he used the correct amount of needles for the outline so it could have been better.

I do completely understand that you're talking from experience and it's all we can all do at the end of the day but Zulu(particularly Justin) do very good work on myself and others that I have seen. Justin does his work quite slow but thats more a passion than money making characteristic so what one artist may quote you in one session, Justin may take two!

Have a look at some of Justin's work on his myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68187211

Anyone know anything about branding? i heard before about someone in Dublin who does it but i can't remember any details.

Anyone know anything about branding? i heard before about someone in Dublin who does it but i can't remember any details.

No place openly advertises as far as I know but if you go in and talk to Rob in Snakebite he should be able to point you in the right direction. I think he has some himself

I would have said inside of upper arm or rib !
inside of upper arm is a walk in the park compared to feet. gaaahhhh.

anyway it's good to know that there are good people in zulu etc, i guess it underlines the importance of making an appointment with a particular person rather than just walking in off the street and going to whoever.

inside of upper arm is a walk in the park compared to feet. gaaahhhh.

anyway it's good to know that there are good people in zulu etc, i guess it underlines the importance of making an appointment with a particular person rather than just walking in off the street and going to whoever.

Its very important to boycott all the cowboys out there taking advantage of the no mandatory safety procedures put in place. I would do anything to have piercing guns gone forever.

i considered doing this way back.What kind of training is involved in this? Are we talking apprenticship, or just spit-shake?

piercing or tattooing?

both require apprenticeships if you've done neither before. getting an apprenticeship is difficult, mainly because the demand for them is high. some people get in with good timing/luck, others begin piercing themselves/friends, go drinking with the lads from a studio and it evolves from there.
reading up on anatomy (particularly the dermis) is handy for piercing.

i always wanted to go into piercing. maybe will one day, but.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back