Surfing in eire (1 Viewer)

ive been surfing in achill believe it or not. we found this tiny little beach with some nice swell but the rest of the place was foam.

Lidl have really cheap wetsuits (3mm and 5mm), gloves, booties and hoods at the minute, as well as snorkelling masks, fins etc. Bargain!

moose said:
As to beaches there's the whole west coast pretty much from Kerry to Antrim depending on your ability. Get yourself a good wetsuit as it gets pretty cold.
Except Galway (nothing) and west mayo (crappy) by and large. There's plenty of reefs and beaches beyond the main spots aswell, you'll find the people at these a bit more territorial though.

Bag'o'cans said:
Except Galway (nothing) and west mayo (crappy) by and large. There's plenty of reefs and beaches beyond the main spots aswell, you'll find the people at these a bit more territorial though.

Laois surfer's?
446c3e33b17be.jpg

There's loads of good places to surf on the west coast! Bundoran is a good start.. the north is great too - portrush has held a leg of the world surfing championships before.

And just check out moher!!:

http://www.dreamcatcherproductions.ie/previewflv.htm

Don't worry too much about the cold - it's a shedload colder in san francisco or cape town believe me! I couldn't believe how cold the water was there..

Rimbaud said:
Surfing!!???In Ireland!!!??

Ha!! Best'o'luck mate!!!
Uh...you do realise that surfing is actually quite big in Ireland? Three weeks ago, Lahinch Surf Club broke the Guinness World Record for the most surfers riding a wave simultaneously for five seconds. About 150 surfers were in the water for it and they got about 40something, thus beating a crowd in Brazil who had previously held the record.

As someone said, it's all about the West Coast really - Clare (Lahinch, Doolin) and Mayo (Achill) particularly.

Plus, at the world record attempt, there was filming going on while we were there, which we heard was part of a documentary. So I presume it links in with what Ten Rabbits linked to.

roxy said:
Uh...you do realise that surfing is actually quite big in Ireland? Three weeks ago, Lahinch Surf Club broke the Guinness World Record for the most surfers riding a wave simultaneously for five seconds. About 150 surfers were in the water for it and they got about 40something, thus beating a crowd in Brazil who had previously held the record.

As someone said, it's all about the West Coast really - Clare (Lahinch, Doolin) and Mayo (Achill) particularly.

Plus, at the world record attempt, there was filming going on while we were there, which we heard was part of a documentary. So I presume it links in with what Ten Rabbits linked to.

Uh...you do realise i was being ironic?Obviously not.
I happen to fall over surf boards every time i go up or down the stairs in my house!I live with a surfer.He's out every second evening surfing around the cork region.

Rimbaud said:
Uh...you do realise i was being ironic?Obviously not.
I happen to fall over surf boards every time i go up or down the stairs in my house!I live with a surfer.He's out every second evening surfing around the cork region.

Brilliant:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back