Surfing in eire (1 Viewer)

is that the break that's been disputed by irish and brit(s out) surfers?

Yeah, it's the one we were talking about. That's John o'Neill(irish champ) in that picture.

It was more the sponsors behind having the Irish surfers airbrushed out of the pictures and story in a certain magazine than the surfers themselves.

Theres also a great beach down past Belmullet in Mayo that surfers use alot especially during the summer. Only problem is its not manned so you really need to talk to some locals about the currents and be experienced. It's abit hidden but easy to find. It's called Atlantic Coast and its one of the nicest places to visit in Ireland for sure

It's pretty big today, was in at half six this morning and managed to break a fin on my bro's board and take a lump outta my toe. Headin back out in a few hours too.

Just thought I'd share that with yas. :)

Do you know what are you looking for?

The message board on the stairs in great outdoors would be a good place to start(if its still there).

not really. im a skater normally but ive hit the surf a couple of times and ive been meaning to get a board to motivate me to get out more..
ill have a look around.

somebody told me check out longboards.ie or something. email a couple of the surf shops sometimes they have them. i was told to get a longboard (i've just taken it up recently too)
go for it dude!

secondhandboards.com is the site I reckon.

As for boards, you can't go to far wrong with a mini mal between 7'3" and 7'6" as a beginner board. Then whether you're getting into long or shortboards go with one or the other. As a skater you'll no doubt want a shortboard, you could probably move onto a big shortboard(between 6'8" and 7') pretty quickly depending on your ability. It may be worth jumping to one of these straight off but it'll be much harder work.

I used to ride a 6'8" which was lovely but I'm on a bic 7'3" at the moment, til I get my shit back together.

Surf world bundoran and bundoran surf co will both have a huge selection of boards new and secondhand. They'll also be able to help you pick the right one for your weight/size and ability.

Btw there's new trailer for the Irish surfing doc about the big wave off the cliffs of moher here. Looks great, really well shot etc.

Also, surf looks really good for this weekend. :)

Holy fuck, there were guys surfing 60 ft waves at the weekend off Mullaghmore. Biggest waves ever ridden off Ireland or Britain.

http://www.globalsurfnews.com/news.asp?Id_news=31704

duncan_tiny_Pop.jpg

Nice trailer for Irish/British surf film, substance:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFdegGodyM"]YouTube - Substance - A Surf Film[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back