superman returns (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz said:
the only time Ive seen people applaud in the cinema in dubehlinn has been after spike lees 'summer of sam'- in fucking santry of all places.
Also a minor riot when the ushers tried to eject scumbags smoking in the front row.
ah the unsanitry omniplex; the joys of nor'cide living.

Goddamn Santry. My "You know what's fun? Going to the cinema on your own, that's what" phase came to an abrupt end after spending an afternoon watching The Others with a group of drunken fifteen-year-olds.

saw superman returns last night..i really loved it! a lot of it was nostalgia for seeing a superman film in the cinema..i thought they really made a good superman film though..better than superman 1 not quite as good as two

i was waiting for him to look into the camera at the end and he did it!! that used to be my favourite thing at the end

um yeah, that's a bit of a spoiler isn't it? not really i suppose

yeah, the flying scenes and all round heroic deeds were brilliantly done. i thought brandon routh was great, kevin spacey was kevin spacey.

I thought this was deadly. Goosebumps at the start. Sagged in the middle but like George said, the little smile at the end made it all better.

Thought the scale of the whole thing was ace, way better than the other movies. Little tiny guy holding a huge fucking airplane looked awesome.

dont you remember? he used his 'forget-o-kiss' on her. a superman power conveniently available but rarely used, much like superman 4's 'repair-o-vision' which salvaged the Great Wall for red china.

I like the way Superman struggles to lift everything.
I would have thought if he could lift a continent type thingy then a plane would be easy but nope, it's still a lot of effort.

Question: Could superman beat the internets? I heard the end boss is really hard.

just came home from this.only ok.but yer man superman was beyond gorgeous however .
THE TRANSFORMERS TRAILER WAS BRILLIANT

Unicron said:
Oh wait, it's just a comic book movie, who gives a shit?

very important to remember.

I once heard a debate about Superman and what would happen if he had sex with a human female- The general consenusus was that he'd probably split the woman in two when he shot his load.

The old superman tv serial had an episode where Superman moved the atoms in his body incredibly fast , thus enabling him to walk through walls!

which was just stupid

but I refer you back to Unicrons point

I loved this film.
I have a newfound respect for Bryan Singer and have forgivin him for ruining Xmen. He obviously has a love for the source material. Every reference to the origional movie gave me goosebumps. From the brando lookalike, to bits of dialogue, the music , everything.
Spacey was below average and should have just done a Hackman impression.
And seeing as this thread is riddled with spoilers, the frame accurate recreation of the end sequence brought a tear to my eye. and I was 7 years old again.

Best bit for me, was all the kids afterwards running around with there arms outstreached. Deadly

Den dehdehdeh den DEN DEN DEN deh dehdehdehdeeeh SUPERMAN!

if you're talking about in the fortress of solitude, that actually was marlon brando. footage shot for the 78 film.

inconsistency: superman has a fire-proof, bullet-proof suit, but some nurse can just rip it right off. and then he can just put it back on and it's fine

Ian said:
I loved this film.
I have a newfound respect for Bryan Singer and have forgivin him for ruining Xmen. He obviously has a love for the source material. Every reference to the origional movie gave me goosebumps. From the brando lookalike, to bits of dialogue, the music , everything.
Spacey was below average and should have just done a Hackman impression.
And seeing as this thread is riddled with spoilers, the frame accurate recreation of the end sequence brought a tear to my eye. and I was 7 years old again.

Best bit for me, was all the kids afterwards running around with there arms outstreached. Deadly

Den dehdehdeh den DEN DEN DEN deh dehdehdehdeeeh SUPERMAN!

You know what this means, Ian?
We agree on a movie!

I'm scared too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back