superman returns (2 Viewers)

So did they even reference the whole "Hey, Superman is back on the scene for the first time in ages.... oh hiya Clarke!!!" thing?

Johnnyc said:
So did they even reference the whole "Hey, Superman is back on the scene for the first time in ages.... oh hiya Clarke!!!" thing?
No, he even runs out of the bar where he's having a drink with Jimmy Olsen and does his Superman thing and still nobody twigs whats going on.

The biggest suspension of disbelief in Superman is not that he can fly but that nobody recognises that Clark and Superman are the same guy. Particularly when the girl we works closest with has actually shagged Superman!

I mean, Johnnyc, if you were wearing a Superman suit I wouldn't be thinking "Why did Superman grow a goatee and why did he forget to take off his Clark Kent specs?". I'd say "Johnnyc has finally snapped! I would have expected a Batman costume, though."

- Half an hour too long
- Spacey wasn't very good.
- Piano scene was good.
- Enjoyed routh.
- Missed lois kookiness.
- Found it very hard to care about the last third of the film.
- Doubt I will ever feel the need to watch this again.

Wilbert said:
I mean, Johnnyc, if you were wearing a Superman suit I wouldn't be thinking "Why did Superman grow a goatee and why did he forget to take off his Clark Kent specs?". I'd say "Johnnyc has finally snapped! I would have expected a Batman costume, though."

Too fuckin' right!

I was kinda hoping they'd have thought up something clever for the whole Clarke/Superman absence though. Sure, it's only a movie, but still.

Johnnyc said:
I was kinda hoping they'd have thought up something clever for the whole Clarke/Superman absence though. Sure, it's only a movie, but still.

they did reference it, when james marsden asked lois how tall/heavy superman and clarke both are... they just look at each other like "nah..."
i liked it. subtle.

oh shit said:
they did reference it, when james marsden asked lois how tall/heavy superman and clarke both are... they just look at each other like "nah..."
i liked it. subtle.

Plus when the kid looked at the picture of superman, and then clark, and started having an asthma attack.. although clark's reason for being away seemed a bit sketchy!

Cool thing about Chris Reeves performance, was that his facial mannerisms were so damned geeky at points. He made himself look chinless and stuff. So much so, that with the huge specs and nerdy hair, he made himself look v.different from the man of steel.

I enjoyed it a lot as he truely is a super hero and his heroic acts made even a cynical Evil Bandit feel good but as was pointed out in a few reviews it could just be down to the John williams score.

My one problem with this was with Superman and Lois fucking....

It's impossible, Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I guarantee you he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry her child? He's an alien, for Christ sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom. That would kill him.

:D :D :D

evil bandit said:
I enjoyed it a lot as he truely is a super hero and his heroic acts made even a cynical Evil Bandit feel good but as was pointed out in a few reviews it could just be down to the John williams score.

My one problem with this was with Superman and Lois fucking....

It's impossible, Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I guarantee you he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry her child? He's an alien, for Christ sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom. That would kill him.

:D :D :D

Bruce Wayne probably did Lois while Supes was away. It's his kid.

Wanted SO much to like it but VERY dissapointed. Routh was good but was neither given a chance to speak as Superman or fumble as Clark.

Spacey shit. Plot shit. Lois shit.

Too fucking long and had a Lord of the Rings type Ten Endings.

But THAT music...

Damon_Kind said:
Wanted SO much to like it but VERY dissapointed. Routh was good but was neither given a chance to speak as Superman or fumble as Clark.

Spacey shit. Plot shit. Lois shit.

Too fucking long and had a Lord of the Rings type Ten Endings.

But THAT music...

no boners then?

Bellatrix said:
I've never witnessed that in Dublin.

Every single time I've been to the cinema in the states (east coast, west coast, wherever) there seems to have been a trio of black women up the front shouting "Hercu-LES, Hercu-LES!!"

I found it sort of endearing. I'd love to bump into them during a screening of The Seventh Seal or similar.

the only time Ive seen people applaud in the cinema in dubehlinn has been after spike lees 'summer of sam'- in fucking santry of all places.
Also a minor riot when the ushers tried to eject scumbags smoking in the front row.
ah the unsanitry omniplex; the joys of nor'cide living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back