superman returns (3 Viewers)

Saw it last night, and it was ok....just ok!

The pace of the movie is way off, too slow at the start and pointlessly too slow at the end. It just felt like it was way longer than it should have been. Also thought spacey was not great, never got the feeling that he was a crazed madman!! But the most annoying thing had to be the kid!! "Wis Wuperman Wonna We Walllright Wommy? Wi Wike Wuperman" Fuck off!

Interestingly.. apparently Singer spent 10 million dollars making a section where you actually see Supes returning to Krypton, and then just cut it from the movie!

They've said it will definitely NOT appear in any dvd releases, but might in a directors cut at the cinema!! Which is unlikely as I don't think it's been successful enough to get another release.

I thought it was pretty poor. It was as predictable and cliche ridden as any film I've ever seen. Kate Bosworth has zero screen presence, the kid was infuriating and yeah incredibly slow and boring at the end. I got to see it in the IMAX cinema mind, which was good fun.

oh shit said:
if you're talking about in the fortress of solitude, that actually was marlon brando. footage shot for the 78 film.

Really? That sinneresting

well i finally saw it and oh mama what a dissapointment.
like people said, too slow in parts, cliched to fuck, spacey was a huge dissapointment, even the action scenes got predictable after a while (all he does in the film is hold stuff up.)

i did however get really excited at the opening credits when that theme tune came on. also nice touch with the actual credits themselves. actually looked exactly like the original.

also did anyone spot richard branson in the shuttle sequence.
what a cunt. fuck off and plug your space travel somewhere else.

aye...kate bosworth was BRUTAL beyond repair
and what was with the '70's styles suits and hair do's?
i always hated c. reeves in those diarrhoea brown farrah esque suits of kents

What a boring film. I used to love the old ones, but this one was just dull, dull, dull.

Spacey was pedestrian. The plot was OK but way too long. Lois Lane sucked ass. Way too young, not ballsy like Margot Kidder. And not only was she rubbish, but she had a child and an incredibly boring boyfriend in tow, which just ruined it.

Routh was OK though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back