Stupid things you did as a small child! (1 Viewer)

i ahd a similar experience but with a lamp-post outside the house. I removed the cover, messed around with the wires, nearly killed myself with electriciteee

i also stuck my fingers into a car battery and nearly burned them off in the acid
i've been electrocuted quite a few times - very unpleasant.

as i said earlier, the old man was an electrician, worked for the railway, so he had the whole electrical-pole climbing gear (spurs, big leather belt, etc.) - so, like, we had this big hydro pole in our back yard, and to make a short story shorter, thanks to a neighbour the 14 year old i didn't quite make it all the way to the wires.

i suddenly don't feel like i was a very smart kid.

i used to bury metal objects from the house underground and check them them every so often to watch/observe how they decayed differently.

I remember an expesive cigarette lighter of my mums had interesting results,

That is the funniest thing ever! wonderful! :D

I can't believe you had a pony. We had to wage a war of cunning every time we wanted a new kitten. My dad always said stupid things like 'no, we have a sufficiency of animals'. Bah. So then we'd just bring them home and inveigle them in.

i don't remember but apparently i had two imaginary friends called "rimmick" and "rorick"

so my mum often reminds me when I'm drunk

actually by often I mean she did twice at christmas when we were regaling with stories from our yoof

I can't believe you had a pony. We had to wage a war of cunning every time we wanted a new kitten. My dad always said stupid things like 'no, we have a sufficiency of animals'. Bah. So then we'd just bring them home and inveigle them in.

hey, my poor dad put up with 5 years of my nagging! 5 years!... damn i was persistent kid... anyways, it one of the only advantages of growing up on a farm in the middle of nowhere. as far as my dad was concerned, it was just like another calf.

This is a great thread. The memories.

You know when you go over a small bridge or rise on the road? And your tummy feels funny? I did'nt think it was my tummy. I thought it was my 'willy'.
Cue a small voice from the back repeatedly saying "Daddy, i just tickled my willy!" whilst my parents struggled to stay on the road while creasing themselves laughing.

This is a great thread. The memories.

You know when you go over a small bridge or rise on the road? And your tummy feels funny? I did'nt think it was my tummy. I thought it was my 'willy'.
Cue a small voice from the back repeatedly saying "Daddy, i just tickled my willy!" whilst my parents struggled to stay on the road while creasing themselves laughing.
so nowadays when you actually DO tickle yr willy, do you think about your folks laughing at you? good luck with that.

did anybody else used to enjoy spinning in circles as a young one? TOTAL foreshadowing of a life spent in search of a buzz, i'm betting. i used to do it for hours listening to my folks Beach Boys and George Jones 8-tracks.
ever play pacman?

my youth was spent stealing things. older me does not approve.

During the first few days of low babies (junior infants) I made friends with a guy called Gavin. I'd never heard the name before and decided I'd never be able to remember it, so I renamed him Mark and called him that for ages.
He lived around the corner from me, so it got confusing when I called into his house. If he answered the door all was well but if his parents answered the door they'd tell me that Mark didn't live there and I'd tell them he was there yesterday. They obviously knew what was going on and were just taking the piss out of me.
This went on for weeks.
Can't remember who put me right in the end.

I used to take mussels from the mussel-fishing boats on the quays in Wexford and "save" them by firing them back in the sea. I made a pet of one once, brought him home and stuck him in a blue plastic bowl with water in it, to which I added some salt. He got smelly after a few days

I used to take mussels from the mussel-fishing boats on the quays in Wexford and "save" them by firing them back in the sea. I made a pet of one once, brought him home and stuck him in a blue plastic bowl with water in it, to which I added some salt. He got smelly after a few days
did your parents send him to a "farm"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back