Stupid things you did as a small child! (2 Viewers)

I nagged my dad for a pony for 5 years from the age of 7 till 12 ala Lisa Simpson ("I want a pony. I want a pony. Will you buy me a pony?") until he caved. she was one mental pony. :)
yeah, growing up is tough.

I still do it. I just keep my thoughts to myself now. But you can tell the quality of an establishment by its jacks, I hold that true to this day. What a remarkable child I was.

This is very true. Avoid having lunch, as I did, in a hotel called Cois Forrige (sp? Irish for 'seaside' or summat) in Bray - imagine my delight when I used their felicities only to discover shit smeared all over the cubicle! I made a hasty exit from that establishment, I can tell you.

and you used to stuff things up your nose!

I did that too, I used to pick the fluff off my blanket and stuff it up my nose. Apparently there was a disgusting smell in the house and my parents thought it was the dog, and kept worming the poor bastard. Eventually they worked out it was me, and one of my earliest memories is being held down while the doctor rammed a long metal thing up my nose and pulled all the manky blanket bits back down. And now I have really fucked up sinuses.

Did you ever call your teacher 'mum' or 'dad' by accident? What a shamer.

ahhh, little Ralphy Wiggums.

I did that too, I used to pick the fluff off my blanket and stuff it up my nose. Apparently there was a disgusting smell in the house and my parents thought it was the dog, and kept worming the poor bastard. Eventually they worked out it was me, and one of my earliest memories is being held down while the doctor rammed a long metal thing up my nose and pulled all the manky blanket bits back down. And now I have really fucked up sinuses.

fluff diver.

thats eh... pretty fuckin manky Kirstie

Yep.

I smell your pain Crystal.

5 years old - my sister and I got a can of orange paint and poured it on the floor in front of the bedroom window. Then holding onto the windowsill we started running on the painted spot splashing paint everywhere with our feet. The rest of the paint went over my 3 year old sister.
6 years old - my sister and I painted each others heads with this really toxic outdoor use only paint.
7 years old - My dad brought home a load of cream crackers from his job in Irish Ferries (B+I at the time). I got up one morning, buttered every cracker I could find and tiled the kitchen with about 8 packets worth.
7 years old - Got up early one sunday morning and got every piece of clothing I could find and lay them out in the back garden until every square inch of ground was covered with clothing. I then drove all over them in my go-kart.
7 years old - Ate 2 giant cooking apples, bottle of cough mixture and large bottle of junior dispirin with my brother.

I don't really remember any of these but my mum does.

so what does backed up snot and decaying cotton smell like, anyhow? i know you probably had olfactory fatigue, but did your parents ever describe it?

the more i think about it, the more odd this story gets.

Nah, just that there was a bang of something and they thought it was the dog. How they didn't know it was me I do not know, they obviously never picked me up. Poor me, neglected and nose-blocked.

i just remembered when i was about 11 or 12, there was a couple of bare wires hanging from the ceiling in our laundry room - my dad was an electrician and was probably rewiring a light or some shit. ANYhow i noticed that the ends of the wires weren't bare enough, so i decided to strip some of the plastic sheath off. with my teeth. while standing on a stool. before checking to see whether the power was flowing to the circuit.

next thing i remember is waking up about 12 feet away against a wall, not knowing what day it was.

i used to take apart appliances at home because i was obsessed with knowing how things worked - but when I was a kid i wasn't able to put them back together again. tv's and shit. my folks used to go ape.

i used to take apart appliances at home because i was obsessed with knowing how things worked - but when I was a kid i wasn't able to put them back together again. tv's and shit. my folks used to go ape.
i did the same thing with pretty much every bike i, my sisters and my parents owned. what can i say, i was a genius!

i just remembered when i was about 11 or 12, there was a couple of bare wires hanging from the ceiling in our laundry room - my dad was an electrician and was probably rewiring a light or some shit. ANYhow i noticed that the ends of the wires weren't bare enough, so i decided to strip some of the plastic sheath off. with my teeth. while standing on a stool. before checking to see whether the power was flowing to the circuit.

next thing i remember is waking up about 12 feet away against a wall, not knowing what day it was.

i ahd a similar experience but with a lamp-post outside the house. I removed the cover, messed around with the wires, nearly killed myself with electriciteee

i also stuck my fingers into a car battery and nearly burned them off in the acid

did anybody else used to enjoy spinning in circles as a young one? TOTAL foreshadowing of a life spent in search of a buzz, i'm betting. i used to do it for hours listening to my folks Beach Boys and George Jones 8-tracks.

to be fair, I was only about 2.

fair nuff

5 years old - my sister and I got a can of orange paint and poured it on the floor in front of the bedroom window. Then holding onto the windowsill we started running on the painted spot splashing paint everywhere with our feet. The rest of the paint went over my 3 year old sister.
6 years old - my sister and I painted each others heads with this really toxic outdoor use only paint.
7 years old - My dad brought home a load of cream crackers from his job in Irish Ferries (B+I at the time). I got up one morning, buttered every cracker I could find and tiled the kitchen with about 8 packets worth.
7 years old - Got up early one sunday morning and got every piece of clothing I could find and lay them out in the back garden until every square inch of ground was covered with clothing. I then drove all over them in my go-kart.
7 years old - Ate 2 giant cooking apples, bottle of cough mixture and large bottle of junior dispirin with my brother.

I don't really remember any of these but my mum does.

Will..... you complete nutbar.

when iwas 2 or 3 my mam was givin me a bath and just turned herback for a sec. when she looked back i had a shit. little brown floating balls of crap. i then proceeded to pick one up and proclaim 'malteser!!' and tried to eat it. thankfully my mam knocked it out of my hand.

we were on a family holiday in portugal years ago. i was 6 or somethin. my mam was sick of having to bring me all the way to the little boys room coz id to pee loads so she just whispers to me 'next time, just do it in the pool'........ so, there i am, 20 minutes later, down the other end of the long pool, standing on its edge and pissing into it. she was morto apparently. showed her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back