stupid rules (1 Viewer)

no baggy pants was an odd one, now that i think of it. and no trouse with two colours. you may recall the mania for big red pockets on yer baggy pants. not allowed, m'fraid.

load of sack really. we had no uniform, but everyone still dressd the same.
if i could back and live it again, i'd probably make the same mistakes. and how!

Best one in my school i shtat girls arent allowed to roll their sleeves up because their elbows and above might distract the boys. And on hot days they arent allowed to take their jumpers off because their bras might be visible through the shirt and again the boys wouldnt work.

Best one in my school i shtat girls arent allowed to roll their sleeves up because their elbows and above might distract the boys. And on hot days they arent allowed to take their jumpers off because their bras might be visible through the shirt and again the boys wouldnt work.

wow- i didnt realise you went to school during the reign of Queen Victoria

You would never guess from your photo

lovely bras.hahaha,fucking ridiculous.

in my school it was all down to whether the teacher liked you or not pretty much.kind of shitty,but i never really got in big trouble for anything.

blokes couldn't have long hair, which is fairly standard in most schools i suppose, but you also couldn't have hair shorter than a certain length. like you couldn't have a totally shaved head.

hehehe. hey jill you know i singlehandedly got rid of that rule?
after meeting with principal dickhead every wednesday(i was asst head boy in 6th year im ashamed to say. but it was with darren so it was cool.) i just had to put it to him each time that it was sexist and a violation of human rights.
trust me, his comeback arguements were pathetic. it was basically all down to his old fashioned views. he essentially kept saying, 'well you cant get a job with hair like that?!!?!?'. i basically said that it only matters in 10%(or something) of jobs what length your hair is. not everyone is going to be a taoiseach. and then i also said that when people leave school they should be mature enough to decide if they have to cut their hair for a job they want.. its not school's job to teach us how to have short hair. etc etc. school was about findiing your identity to some degree. its not like the fucking army.

and the fact that it was all down to his old fashioned views made me realise that this was the same in schools across the country. and for a second i thought i could challenge that. but then i got lazy and never came back to that thought.

now i take pride in seeing dudes with long hair in our uniforms going to school . fight the power. fight the fat bald power.
.|..|

thats true though.
LOOK AT THOSE ELBOWS GUYS!!!

Have you ever tried a bit of intercrural elbow sex?

It's not that great really

Ha. I remember them trying oh so so so hard to get us to do things.. We were the last year to really just not listen to what the principal/vice prin were saying and just come in wearing or covered in anything..

My schools ok with guys having long hair and stuff. Piercings, no and you MUST have your uniform really neat and the school has to know where you are at all times. I haven't gone on the hop propper since the start of the year. We aren't allowed wear "fat" ties. and girls aren't allowed wear string tops in PE just in case their boobs fly out or something. schools pretty pleasant though. i think my only complaints are no kitchens or showers. but whatever.

Is there any other developed country in the world that allows schools to have gym classes but not make the kids take showers afterwards?

there were showers installed in our school gym but they were never used

But, maybe I'm just thinking of all the agonisingly awkward experiences I was cheated of in my school days

I've heard of a "no facial hair" rule being in some schools. So sadly, that one guy who could grow a full beard at the age of 14 , was to be denied his moment of glory and a nickname that would last a lifetime.

Maybe theres some sort of quota thing in schools?

They find out at the MMR iinnoculation stage who is likely to out face fuzz the teachers then only permit one stubbly prepubescent per institution

yeah we weren't allowed long hair, i had a rats tail, so just tucked it into my shirt in class. i had a normal haircut other than that, so they were none the wiser.

oh yeah, our school had the facial hair one too.
princy would make boys go into his office and shave.
i always thought this was a bit much.
since beards are cool and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back