Storm Barra (1 Viewer)

Thats what they're saying.. a WEATHER BOMB ..they called it on the news. Thats a first for me.

We have a couple of slice pans in reserve JIC

The wind/gust speeds seem high but i'm mostly seeing that its angle of attack isn't the regular kerry/mayo/donegal tactic. Think a few southern villiages might learn unwelcome lessons about their roofs, think galway will have mel gibson parading about with gills tomorrow evening if it really goes bad. The rain/sun/cold cycles are all fucked too, you dont know what state the earth holding trees in is.

TLDR - i suspect a slightly surprise bad. unconventional. Also that town in clare will probably lose its wall again.

a house 4 doors up already has only half a roof and is surrounded by scaffolding and building materials. thoughts and prayers, etc.

"Violent Storm Force 11 on Irish coastal waters from Dungarvan to Valentia to Erris Head."

What the fuck lads. I've just moved in. No chance of a normal Storm force 11 to kick things off?

Is it usually Met Eireann that gets to name these ?
yeah, they only started naming storms a few years ago and Met Eireann usually get to name them hence lots of Irish names (I suppose they hit here first).

if anyone gets killed despite ignoring warnings expect the usual bullshit: a priest and local representitive to come on say how lovely they were, despite being repeatedly warned not to go out driving in a storm.
please just ditch that crap.

Press-Release-image-1-1024x762.jpg

There's the list Olwen is Welsh and I'd think the same for Arwen but maybe it's not really the case. I see the are they are ready to name one after Logan from the X-Men though.

mayo looks like the calmest place in the country right now on windy.com
one of the weather wonks on boards was saying that with these storms which move eastward and spin anti-clockwise, it's always to the south of the storm that gets much worse wind. i guess that's because that's the portion of the wind that has not yet hit land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back