storing/backing up photos (1 Viewer)

The Schnapper

Golly gosh
yeah seeing that first thing in the morning is the best wake up call ever. go on and shtick a few of your laos photos up here!

Alot of my photos were on a laptop that was stolen out of my apartment a few weeks ago and think some could be on CD that my ex has so that could be a bit awkward to get a hold of. I'm sure i'll be able to root them out somewhere and if all else fails i'll pay my web hosting bill and take 'em off that again.

I really should have alot of photos from Asia hanging around but i'm very careless with them.

Re: Random Photos

Alot of my photos were on a laptop that was stolen out of my apartment a few weeks ago and think some could be on CD that my ex has so that could be a bit awkward to get a hold of. I'm sure i'll be able to root them out somewhere and if all else fails i'll pay my web hosting bill and take 'em off that again.

I really should have alot of photos from Asia hanging around but i'm very careless with them.

that suuuuuuucks. if my laptop was stolen (touch wood that will never happen) 5000+ photos would be gone along with it. id die of cry.

that suuuuuuucks. if my laptop was stolen (touch wood that will never happen) 5000+ photos would be gone along with it. id die of cry.

Ah Lala....

Just keep 2 copies of everything. The where's and how's and what's don't matter so much. Sure Pete said he before uses Flickr as his back-up for the pics on Thumped. So, you've got some of your pics backed up already!

Ah Lala....

Just keep 2 copies of everything. The where's and how's and what's don't matter so much. Sure Pete said he before uses Flickr as his back-up for the pics on Thumped. So, you've got some of your pics backed up already!

He uses flickr as a back up for his pics not everybody elses. All the photos on your flickr/photobucket account is a form of back up too.

I'd put mine on flickr but i shoot in nikon raw, they hardly support that do they?

Afaik they don't. I presume you have all yours backed up anyway right?

Mine are on a harddrive(possibly two) and dvds, and whatevers on flickr is obviously there too.

I've them on my hard drive on my PC and ruth still has them on one of her externals. I'll probably back them up somewhere else again before i go away.

i have mine at home on my HD, on an external HD, and on my dad's computer. plus, i'm nicking a DLT drive and half a dozen tapes from work, so i can back them up to tape too, and leave some in my brother's house.
plus, i still have the slides and negs aof all film photos i've taken. so i can rescan, if i find 2000 hours to spare.

He uses flickr as a back up for his pics not everybody elses. All the photos on your flickr/photobucket account is a form of back up too.

I meant the pics used on the site, not our pics. And therefore, since LaLa has a flickr, she's got a load of things backed up already. Sure, the pics on threads like this aren't actually on Thumped at all, really.[/clarification]

I'd put mine on flickr but i shoot in nikon raw, they hardly support that do they?

nope, but you can upload at full res high quality jpg. yes, i know it's not as good as RAW but it's better than (literally) nothing.

I've a flickr pro account with (quick check) 11,493 pictures on it, mostly at 3888x2592. Not bad for the $25 a year they charge

I rememebr reading some (probably in the T&C) that they have the right to display them as they choose. But that only means they can show them on the web and also under "everyone's photos". All copyright remains yours.

just thought I'd move those posts regarding this to here so that they can be easily found/discussed, otherwise they'll get swallowed up in the random pics thread. useful topic i think that merits its own thread. :)

does flickr have a bulk download option for if you want to download several hundred pictures and stick on a cd for somebody or do you have to go throught them all individually and click on the picture, then go "all sizes" and then downloaded the hi-res one? it'd be handy if you could download a whole set or collection in one go but i've never seen such an option

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back