Staying off the drink (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm a bad person, I've already decided to go out for pints in town to "watch the snow" with my friend.

I haven't had more than 3 drinks in a row since New Year's Day.
Too busy to be feeling like shit for half a day! Finding it easier to go out and not have more than 3 pints max. Hangovers have been taking their toll to the extent that even 3 drinks the previous night has me feeling crappy until the following midday.

This weekend will be three weeks off the beer. Giving the body a break.

It's unlikely to last, but goddamn it feels good.
And my place is relatively spotless, tons of awesome cooked food in the fridge/freezer and getting all caught up on my TV shows.

I do love bars, but alcohol itself is like motivational Kryptonite to me.

Pity all my friends are boozehounds and every social event involves some level of gargle.

Yeah..3 weeks in and you're in great shape alright.

your liver function will have improved by 20% at this stage.
Immune system loving it.Energy levels through the roof

Seven weeks this Sunday

Feel great. And I was able to take a horrific hit on my credit card from the dentist because I haven't been flinging money at publicans and restaurateurs since February.

It will be harder to do as the weather gets better and better though.
Boats and decks and al fresco restaurants.
Fuckers.

Fair play to yiz. I'm meant to be off it because of medication I'm on. But I do enjoy it so.

warm fuzzy feelings of happiness?

Good catch.

I should have said everything after it.

On the upside I am generally a piss-poor planner, but I've boxed off a bunch of time off work for travel.
Last two years I'm usually scrambling at the end to use up my vacation days, but I have two trips booked and paid for already for this year and closing in on one in September.
All done in the last 7 weeks. Even if I go back to wasting my weekends propping up the bar in Foley's, I have these trips in the can.

I don't really drink that much these days at all but i've rarely gone more than about 2 weeks without any alcohol since I was 18. I probably should do a month or two more often.

John, if it's not causing a problem in your life, then it's not a problem.
If your bird's first reaction to this is "Why?" and not "Well, that's a good idea!" then I wouldn't rush too quickly in to this.

If you need any more unasked for advice, just post something on any topic and I'll work it in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back